Les Paul Studio review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Studio

The sound is also the typical Les Paul sound. Lots of body, thickness in every note, fat fat tone! And the sustain is amazing! It is great for both clean and distorted. I believe that some guitars are just best with certain musical styles, and this Gibson Les Paul Studio really aces the Classic Rock and bluesy sound. Of course it can also be used for other Genres like jazz, alternative, metal, but I'd use a different guitar for those. I wouldn't bank this one for variety though. It has only one sound. This one is a Les Paul and it plays like a Les Paul. The best thing it does is sound like a Les Paul, just beautiful! I'd grab another guitar if I wanted a different sound, but if I want a rick beefy fat tone, this is the main axe!

I play all sorts or music, mostly rock, and mostly classic and alternative rock. This guitar handles them and gives a character of its own. I have other guitars, but this is the only one that delivers the rich, thick, and beefy tone that I love! It is perfect for the style I play.

Very reliable guitar! Considering it's from the 90s, it still does not look like anything is going to give anytime soon. In fact, it looks like something I can hand over to my grand children and still perform as well as it does today! This is a very dependable guitar, as I would expect from a Gibson.

Since I got mine used, it wasn't looking as best as it should, and somehow the supposed relic look didn't appeal to me as it didn't look aged, but rather dirty. Seems like the previous owner didn't take care if this guitar. There was even what looks like a slight burn mark where you insert the strap. Anyway, took it to the local luthier, and for a few bucks, it turned out to be a beautiful piece of sculpture! I have seen other colors of the Les Paul studio, but I think this wine red is just really really beautiful! Action, again I had to had it setup. I needed the lowest possible action with no buzz. I'm rating this one under the impression that this is how it was new.

Mine is a 90's Gibson Les Paul Studio made in the USA. Got it in wine red used late 2000's. It is your typical Les Paul with the usual Les Paul features. 2 tone knobs, 2 volume knobs, 490R & 498T pickups, 3 way selector switch, and all the other features you'd find that comes standard with a studio ("standard with a studio" LOL). I had to replace the original tuners with Grovers since the stock didn't really stay in tune as well. Body is really heavy, and neck is really thick. I also have an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, comparing both, the Epiphone has it's more ergonomic advantages. Still all in all, I think this guitar is very well built. I got it with some dings and scratches, but you can tell the wood and body construction is superb. Although the features are very simple, I find the straight forwardness just right for a simple guitar. As long as it can play well and sound well, that's all I need. Other features are just icing but not essential.