Les Paul Studio review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Studio

Purchased from: Friend

I used this guitar for Reggae, Jazz, Punk, Metal and it did them all very well. I used a Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 100 with this guitar mostly. It deff had the Les Paul sound and feel to it. I really like the variety of sounds this guitar produced. It can go from a mellow Jazz sound all the way to modern Metal with no problems.

I bought this Les Paul because I have always wanted a real Les Paul. I think that Gibson makes a very good product, they just seem to slack when it comes to factory set-up. The guitar was stolen, but I managed to get it back. I really liked the sounds that I could get from it, but it was a heavy guitar and I sold it a few yrs after I bought my PRS CE 22 because I just never played it anymore. I would love to own another one, but only if it was the right price.

This guitar is a work horse. It was stolen left in the rain and all the original electronics and hardware still functioned just fine. Like all my guitars I replaced the strap buttons with strap locks (I advise you do this no mater the make of guitar you own). I never second guessed the quality of this guitar, and giged with out a back-up most of the time iI owned it.

I bought the guitar used, so the action needed to be set up to my prefrences, but this was to be expected. I liked the Black Nitro finnish that Gibson put on it, very smooth feeling neck. The top on the studio was painted (and it is not maple). I gigged the guitar for 4 years and had absolutely no issues with hardware or electronics (and the guitar was stolen and left in the rain when I first bought it). I think it was a very well made instrument.

Mine was a 2000 model in Black. 22 frets with a '50s style neck, Ebony fret-board. Solid mahogany body and neck (pre-chambered model). Gibson 490R/498T pickups. Mine also had mini trapizoid inlays which are quite uncommon. I came with a brown Gibson hard case, which is pretty snazzy with a pink satin top cover.

FUTURAMAFAN
    I have an LP Studio. I love it. It plays beautifully. It can sound mean, or sweet. If you want a genuine Gibson Les Paul, but lack funds, then check out one of these.
    RJH11
    Studio + Seymour Duncan Black Winters = killer versatile rhythm guitar. Love mine.
    tamirTM
    i have one in sunburst although half of the world own a guitar like that i love my guitar more every day