Les Paul Studio '60s Tribute review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Studio '60s Tribute

Purchased from: Sam Ash (slightly used)

As you would expect with P-90s, a bit noisy. However, the neck clean is really nice. Both pickups may seem a bit hotter than you would expect for P-90s, which lends itself nicely to distortion. I was surprised how rocking it sounded with max gain on my Blackstar HT-5. I think it can cover many different genres prove itself quite versatile. Acoustically, this thing really sounds nice. I am not always plugged in so it's nice to get good sound out of it acoustically.

I was pleasantly surprised. I feel like it's an excellent playing guitar compared to $500-$700 Les Paul copies and a definite step up in quality and tone. I can't compare it to Gibsons of the Past or other Gibsons, but this seems like a well built guitar. I tried it out before I bought it and I felt like I couldn't leave without it.

Hardware seems quite sturdy. The strap buttons are kinda small, so I am thinking I will replace with a locking strap set. Not sure but it seems tough. Though I will handle it with care. I don't play out anywhere, though I couldn't see this thing not being road worthy. I'll give it a 9 since it feels solid.

Mine was slightly used but was well set up and playable. Could be factory set up or the original owner. The neck is quite easy to play and fast. Bends and slides were easy. The neck feels quite nice to my hands. I see nothing wrong with the finish, however, I am not overly picky, but nothing seemed out sorts.

Made in USA, 2011. Medium Jumbo Frets. 2 P-90 pickups, mahogany chambered body and mahogany neck. 2 volume, 2 tone. Tune-O-Matic bridge. Gibson Klutz tuners. Honey burst finish. Looks amazing, basic standard Les Paul configuration - what I was looking for.