Les Paul Studio '60s Tribute review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Studio '60s Tribute

Price paid: € 830

Purchased from: TopSound.fi

This Guitar suits pretty much any style. I play rock, blues, metal etc. And the guitar works perfectly. It has 2 P-90's which hum a bit, but sound great. I use a Marshall MG15FX, and sometimes I use Marshall MS-2 with it. It sounds great with 'em both. It's 1 of those perfect compilations: Gibson and Marshall, and Fender and Vox.

As I told before, I play pretty much everything. Mostly blues though. And this Guitar is just made for it. Depends on the amp, But you can play ANYTHING with this guitar. From heavy metal to jazz and so on. There is nothing in this guitar I DON'T like. If this was stolen, I would beat the crap out of the thief. If it was lost(not going to happen) I would definitely buy it again! I had a Star Sounds Stratocaster copy before this. It was my first ELECTRIC guitar and it didn't work properly, it sounded awful etc. I had my mums confession, that with the star sound, when I started playing she always thought like: oh no, not again... And when the Gibson came and I started playing, she said just: oh my god! Can a guitar really sound that good?

This guitar will last. I'm going to play with it 'till the end of (my) time. The hardware is great and reliable, and the strap buttons are small but they could carry two guitars at a time. Though not possible but anyway... I don't do gigs, but for me, it's very reliable. I don't need no backup guitars with this baby.

The action is perfect, and the neck is very forgivable. It doesn't matter how you play, what you play or what do you play with. The neck does it all. The pickups are just great. I love playing this guitar! There was nothing wrong with this guitar when it came. The guitars tuners are great shaped, and fit your hand perfectly.

- Made in USA, 2011 - Slimneck - Baked maple fingerboard - Worn Ebony finish - P-90 pickups - Came with the Gibson gig bag - Both pickups volume and tone controls - 3-way selector - Chambered mahogany body - Carved maple top - Stopbar tailpiece - Mahogany neck - The hole guitar weights about 6.10 lbs