Les Paul Studio Double Cut review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Studio Double Cut

Purchased from: Music Gallery

I play a lot of Heavy Blues and Classic Rock, yet I'm in an alternitive rock band. The sound matches that of the Les Paul Standard. With the Classic Les Paul Pick ups I get a much more fuller and richer sound then the standard studio pick ups. I recommend putting some on urself if you are going to by one. The 24 frets allow u to go all the way down the neck and the double cut allows for easy playing when ur hammering out those licks. I'm using a Peavey amp but I forgot what size it is. It's big. Sometimes I use a boss distortion pedal when I want a thicker distortion then the Peavey can offer.

Great guitar. Now I have to go to class so if you have anymore questions just ask.

This guitar is definitely capable of playing live in gigs. The guitar stays in tune a lot longer than my Fender fat Strat. I would never go to a gig without a backup cus you never know whats going to happen but if I had to I think I would be pretty safe with this guitar. I have not had a problem with the strap buttons and I don't think I will. The finish is a little thin, but it won't wear off. The guy that had it before me had it for 7 years and played it hard and it stills looks brand new. However the finish is not as thick as the standard or the classic so be careful of chips and stuff.

Because I bought this bad boy used, I'm not sure what it was like when it came out of the factory, but I talked with the previous owner and he said that he only had to change the pickups and thats it. The wrap around bridge is nice and I like the action that I get from it. I play lead guitar and I like to play fast, real fast, so the high action is just what I need. The finish is really nice and if you take care of it, it will last you a long time. The tuning pegs are plastic, but just go online and pay for some nice ivory ones.

Made in the U.S of A. 24 Frets. One tone control, one volume control. Classic Les Paul pickups, installed by the previous owner. Heritage cherry sunburst.

jamayor
    I have this guitar. It was an unwanted present as I am a drumster by trade. However due to the feel, finish and overall feelgood factor of owning a quality axe that I know some guitarists would love to own, I felt guilty of initially not wanting it so decided to learn. I don't have a great knowledge of other guitars so I can't be as critical as others but it sems OK to me.
    epi les paul69
    This comment's for the second reviewer. Jade Puget doesn't only use ebony lp studios. he also uses customs, standards, sg's, telecasters, and jacksons.
    dynadude
    I have the 1997 model, and it is much lighter than any other LP models due to a chambered body design. I'm not positive, but I believe that all these are the same, as far as the chambered body. I didn't know they were made in 2004.