Les Paul Studio Double Cut review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Studio Double Cut

Purchased from: musciansfriend.com

This is by far the best deeal outhere. The Anico 5 Burkbuster Pro pickups are the very same pickups used in the Gibson standard and sound amazing! The Tune-O-Matic bridge is great to have. When I got this guitar it had a slight buzz on the low E and with a couple turns on the tunomatic it was completely gone and sounding sweet, all without haveing to restring (love that).

If this were lost or stolen I would definatly get another. I wish it came with the high gloss finish but some people have told me they like the matte finish better.

I haven't had any problems with it, seems tough. It comes with a locking Gibson hard case. It's not quite as heavy as a regular LP because it's made from solid mohogany instead of hard maple with a mohogany top like most. I think this gives it a better tone.

The action on this guitar is good. Feels like only Gibson can (kind of a cross between a Fender and a acoustic). The finish I got was the cherry matte. It isnt the high gloss like most more expensive models but this is the only difference between them. In fact with the Anico 5's this is a better guitar than some of the more expensive models. One cool thing I've noticed is that the more you play this the shinnier it gets. Really it gets buffed to a high gloss mostly around the areas that have contact with your skin. I. e. neck and along the edge of the body where your forarm would rest.