Les Paul Studio Faded review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Studio Faded

Price paid: € 649

Purchased from: Woodbrass.com

I play on a Queen tribute band so my main guitar is a Red Special replica but I always liked the sound of a Gibson. When I play different stuff at home (Gary Moore, Santana, Guns N' Roses, Free, etc) this is the guitar I pick! Amazing sound and sustain thru a Vox AC30 with a Treble Booster. All the pickup combinations sound good and suit different songs. I had a Standard and this guitar sounds better. It haves more sustain as well (chambered body? ).

As I refered my style of music is Queen. So I wouldn't say it matches the style but I play other stuff as well and for that other stuff the guitar is just perfect. I play for more than 20 years and have/had several other guitars and this a HUGE addition to the collection no doubt! Again my only complain is that bottom strap button... The space coiuld be wider for a thick leather strap. If it was stolen/lost I would buy another in a heartbeat. I choose this guitar for price and because it's so different from a common Gibson and I couldn't be more happy! RECOMMENDED!

It looks and feels so solid. It's a Gibson jezz. I don't know what else to write. It really feels its gonna last forever!

I don't know if I was lucky or not but this particular guitar have an out of the box PERFECT intonation, action and tuning stability. I don't know if the guys at Woodbrass did a setup (I doubt it! ) but I was very surprised with this level of setup actually. All hardware was well adjusted. Only "flaw" I have to refer is that the bottom strap button is to thin and does not suit my Levi's thick leather strap well. I don't know if it's a flaw of this guitar or if they all like this. I will change the strap buttons (but what the heck I always do ).

2010 USA Made in Worn Brown Colour. 22 frets, 24.75'' scale and a 50's style neck. Maple top with chambered mahogany back. Neck is mahogany. BurstBucker pickups. Came with a deluxe gigbag.