Les Paul Studio Faded review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Studio Faded

I play this guitar through my Peavey Windsor Head with a homade cab, and my Zoom G7.1UT. I mostly play rock and blues, but I also throw in some hard rock and metal. This guitar fits my style perfectly. This guitar does rock amazingly, giving a full, fat overdriven sound, but it also sound absolutely outstanding with cleans. The bridge pickup can be a little harsh sometimes, but that can be fixed by rolling back the tone slightly. Overall sounds awesome!

I have been playing for 4 years going on 5. This guitar perfectly fits my playstyle and my budget. This guitar goes perfectly with my Peavey Windsor Head and really delivers a sound that one would expect from a much more expensive guitar. If this guitar were stolen or lost, I would deffinatly consider buying a new one. I compared this guitar to some of the more expensive Les Pauls and I couldn't tell a difference in the sound. If there were one thing I could change about this guitar, I would give it a Maple top, and a better action.

I have played at my church, at music festivals, etc. And I have never had a problem with this guitar. The strap buttons were to small for my strap, but strap locks where an easy fix for that. The finnish is sturdy and has not yet started to rub off. I would deffinately trust this thing at a gig.

The action was a bit high out of the box, and still isn't quite low enough for my liking. I have noticed slight buzzing but you can't hear it through the amp. The finnish is extremely comfortable and is now one of my favorite finnishes of all time. The guitar could have had a better action, but is still playable.

I bought this guitar last year, which of course means that it is the 2011 model. This model has a chambered mahogany body with a mahogany top. This model also has a rosewood fretboard. It has two Burstbucker Pro pickups, (that sound awesome!) a three way pickup selector, and a faded cherry finish. It also has the standard 2 tone and 2 volume controls.