Les Paul Studio Gem review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Studio Gem

Purchased from: hugga guitar

This is a guitar that is very diverse in sound it can go heavy metal, classic rock, I can play some chet atkins on it, it's very versitile. I'm using a Marshall MG100DFX with it right now and it's sounds awsome on it.

I play alot of classic rock type music and its perfect for it and if this guitar was stolen I'd definetly buy another one after I was done crying. I love the action on it but I'm not a big fan of the weight. It's a very heavy guitar. The only thing I would change on this guitar is the fretboard I'd like to have ebony instead of rosewood. Overall this is an awsome guitar.

This guitar is very very tough, It's taken alot of beating from travelling in the car with me and I figure this guitar is goin to outlive me. The strap buttons are on pretty solid I've had the guitar for quite a while now and they hold it up pretty well, it's a heavy guitar too 13 pounds. If you were to take this guitar on tour it would be all you need it'll be a while b4 this thing ever wears out on me.

The action on this guitar is unbelievable it plays very fast. The pick ups are adjusted very well too. There was one flaw in the binding though where the paint wasnt fully covering a very small piece of the wood.

This isn't a Studio Gem, it's just a regular 2004 Studio, they don't have it listed in the model category. It was made in nashville tennesee with 22 fret and a rosewood fretboard. It's got a carved maple top with a solid mahogany back and neck. It's got a 490 and a 498 humbuckers on it that sound pretty hot. The guitar came with a solid gatorskin case with the Gibson USA logo on it and it also game with a combination lock.