Les Paul Studio Plus review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Studio Plus

I play mostly punk, pop rock, '80s shred and metal. I bought this guitar for one reason and that was for the tone. I love the les paul's tone and in my opinion it is the best guitar for recording. The neck is no Jackson or Ibanez, but for my band it gets the job done. The guitar makes no extra noise what'soever. I would say that you can get pretty much any type of sound you want out of this guitar depending on your amp settings.

I have been playing for the better part of 8 years. If it was stolen I would be forced to buy another because I couldn't record without my les paul tone. I couldn't Live without this tone, I know tone is preference, but for the most part it gives that big guitar tone that everyone loves. I couldn't really say I hate anything about this guitar because I knew when I bought it I would not be able to do whammy bar dives and shred on the upper frets. If that is the kind of guitar you are looking for check out a Jackson or Ibanez. That is your guitar!

Ultra reliable. This thing is a rock. I have never had a problem with it. The reliabilty is unmatched, the durability is legendary. I use this guitar at every gig, and usually don't bring a backup unless I am on tour. Speaking of touring my guitar has seen it's share of abuse on stage and on the road, and it never fails me.

The guitar was pretty much perfect out of the box. I have Faith in the Gibson quality. They know how to do their shit. I love it. The action and playability are what you would expect out of a Les Paul if you are familiar with them. Not the best not the worst, it is no Jackson, but again it does what it was made to do very well.

I have the 2003 model. It was proudly made in the USA! The flamed Maple top is not the best quality, but then again I never wanted the studio model, it was just given to me because the store ordered the wrong thing. Of course since is is a Les it is going to be made of a nice piece of warm sounding Mahogany, which gives an awesome fat tone. The tuners hold the strings tuning very well, but after the years of work this guitar has done they don't do the same job they used to, but they still do it well.