Les Paul Studio Plus review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Studio Plus

Purchased from: Guitar Works

This guitar is perfect for my playing styles. From the influences of JImmy Page and Zakk Wylde it suits both styles. My setup uses lots of distortion so one of the key things I wanted was very little noise and a lot of sustain. The guitar makes very little noise if any until you really crank up the power. To describe the tone on this guitar I would say it has very good low end and Smooth highs. This guitar can play almost any style from metal to jazz.

I love to play metal and this guitar is a perfect match. After 4 years of playing I still haven't found a better guitar then this for me. The Sound is amazing, comes at a cheap price, likes are stunning, and is totally reliable. I don't wanna be one of those people that say they would buy it again if it were stolen but I think I would. If you're strapped for cash get this guitar and if you're not buy a Gibson Custom.

This guitar is extremely reliable and built like a tank. Since I got the selector fixed I have had no problems with it and needed no repairs. There is only one thing that has bothered me and that is he bridges gold finish has started to fade just a little bit. I do suggest that you do put strap locks on the guitar because like most Gibsons they put tiny little strap buttons. Other then those 2 problem I haven't had any problems.

This guitar had absolutely no flaws from what I could see. The beautiful white fininsh looked exactly the way it did on their site. With the style of music that I play the action was set up almost as if I set it up my self. Just low enough to the fret board that I could rip through scale and high enough that there was no buzzing. The only problem that I had was the pickup selector and it was fixed in minutes when I brought it back in to the store.

I bought this guitar in early 05 and was made in the USA. It has 22 frets on a Ebony neck. The body is made out of solid mahogany and is Alppine white in colour and has gold hardware. The guitar originally had Gibson pickups, 2 humbuckers in a 3 way configuration but I switched them to EMG 81-85's. One of the great things about the guitar is the case Gibson gives you. Extremely well built and locks up.