Les Paul Traditional 1960 review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Traditional 1960

Purchased from: Sam Ash

I play many genres of music (baroque, soft rock, thrash metal, progressive metal, blues, etc.) so I needed a versatile guitar. This Guitar is very versatile. I use this guitar with a Blackstar HT-Club 40 but I'm planning on getting a marshall. It has a very warm sound and is amazing on clean. If you add a little reverb it is perfect for soft rock, classical, and baroque music. You can add a little crunch to it for a great blues or soft rock sound. When you crank the gain up, this guitar can get really heavy. It is made for every genre of music. Also the thin neck makes it perfect for shredding fast progressive or thrash solos.

As I said before, I play many different genres of music, I like to mix things up. This guitar is perfect for that, It is very versatile. Before buying it a spent a few hours in the store talking to the people who worked there and playing it to decide. Gibsons are expensive and I wanted to be sure. I am very happy with my purchase. If this guitar were stolen from me I would definitely buy it again, unless of course I could get a Custom. I love the tone of this guitar most. Also, I like the feel of Les Pauls. It is a little heavy though but I don't like guitars that feel too light. The only thing I don't really like is the Rosewood fretboard and the Acrylic Trapezoid Inlays. I would have preferred Ebony Fretboard with pearl inlays but that only comes on the customs. However, for the price, it is definitely worth it. The thin neck, the warm tone, it is almost perfect. I chose this guitar because It was best I could afford. However I am glad I chose this. I wish I had a Marshall Stack to get the best quality out of it. Overall, it's a great guitar and I would recommend it to anyone.

This guitar is great for live gigs. The hardware will definitely last. The strap buttons are solid. I would use this guitar on a gig but I always believe you should have a back up. However this guitar has not let me down and I don't think It will let anyone down. Gibsons are made for live shows. The finish will definitely last. I use a Gibson Care kit though to clean the body and oil the fretboard.

The guitar was set up great, everything was set up the way I like it. There were no flaws in the finish. It had a Tea Burst finish and the wood showed. The wood and the finish were beautiful. There was no fret problems, the frets were perfect, the nut was also perfect.

The Les Paul Traditional 1960 is a Sam Ash exclusive guitar that is supposed to be a remake of the Les Paul Classic. Like all Gibsons, it is made in the USA. It has 22 frets. It has a thin, 60's style neck. The neck is made of Rosewood with Acrylic Trapezoid Inlays. It has a Grade A Maple top with the Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish and Cream binding. My guitar is in Tea Burst but it also comes in Ebony. The Body and Neck are both made from Mahogany. It has a Nashville Tune-O-Matic Bridge with chrome plating. The pickups are a 57 Classic humbucker for the Neck and a 57 Classic Plus humbucker for the bridge. It has Two tone and two volume knobs. It has a three way pickup selector (neck, bridge, both). It has Vintage Tuners with Perloid Buttons. It has a cream colored pickguard. It also comes with a hardshell case.

deepstreibzy666
    Fingerboard is actually baked maple...just picked up a Goldtop a few weeks ago, satin finish...guitar looks great, and plays amazing.
    Sakke
    Unicronus
    Sakke wrote: Don't you mean that the fingerboard is made of Rosewood? Nice review though, very honest. I wish it wasn't a Sam Ash exclusive, cause I like Gibson's both necks, 60's just slightly more.
    sorry about that. i accidently said neck in the 4th sentence instead of fingerboard, it is rosewood though. I like the 60's neck a lot better, its easier to play on.