Les Paul Vintage Mahogany review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul  Vintage Mahogany

Purchased from: guitar center

This guitar is amazing. It made made me change my playing style in two days! I used to be a shredder but now I play proggressive metal and rock. I run it through a decent Marshall MG100DFX and a DigiTech turbo distortion. There is little or no noise at all. The sound that comes at of this guitar is called beutiful. At high gain it sounds great for Dream Theater, fates warning, and heavy shit. With little distortion it is perfect for almost any 70's rock. The only problem would be the cleans. If you're someone Who likes bright stratty clean tones, don' buy a les paul! Pretty much this guitar sounds great on cleans, nice and smooth and deep sounding.

This guitar is perfect for me. For about a year I have been looking at buying a new guitar and always hated every les paul I have played. The thing about it is that whenever I play it there seems to be this magic that just inspires you to write riffs! The thing I love about it is definitely it's tone. Although the finish isn't much to be desired you get that incredible les paul tone Who has fueled the rock of countless songs. There is nothing I would imptove on this guitar. In, short If you are thinking about a great guitar that will inspire you and make you feel warm and fuzzy inside, try out this baby!

This guitar will Definatley Withstand Live playing. I have already stupidly dropped it, scratched it, and banged it around but it is great and sounds great! The hardware seems like it will last. I would completely depend on this guitar Live, the only reason I wouldn't use it without a backup is that I perfer to use a Strat or my Jackson for a brighter tone. The finish is great having the fact that there is no finish to worry about! I hate when people complain about their finish being worn or whatever. With this guitar you can bust it up and it will still look pretty damn awesome.

Alright, the thing that made me buy this guitar was that it was way louder and soulful than any other guitar I played at guitar center. About 3 weeks I had to get it fixed though, it was worth it. The frets buzzed like mad and the bridge pickup was out of place, although it sounded great. Now it looks great and sounds great! Everything else on her was setup good.

2008 All-american Gibson. 22-frets with rosewood neck, 50's profile. The body is all mahogany(including the color). The body style is basically the same as and les paul. Same bridge as most les pauls, tune-o-matic bridge, stopbar tailpiece. This guitar comes with awesome burstbucker pro humbuckers. Neck and Bridge volume and tone knobs. The tuners are Gibson one's that are made to appear Vintage. This came with a great Gibson USA case.