Les Paul Vintage Mahogany review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul  Vintage Mahogany

Price paid: € 600

Purchased from: Music Store

The sound of the guitar is great but I do have to say this: LOSE THE FACTORY STRINGS ! Gibson makes very good guitars but they suck in making strings. I'd say go buy some elexir strings

I wanted a Gibson Les Paul but 1000$ is a little too much and this made my dream come true. I had the benefit it also came in a very beautiful finish, I mean wood still is the basic of any guitar and never is ugly. I really like it It really is a very decent guitar !

Would you use it on a gig without a backup? Hell yeah everything on this guitar is very solid, the only negative thing I could say is that the tuning system isn't 100% but more of a 95% xD I mean the G string gets out of tune after a song or 2 but as many guitar players know: the G string always is a pain in the ass xD.

I wish I could say this also was very good but I simply can't... The Finnish was good but the action... damm The guitar was very poorly set up and I had to adjust a lot, maybe it is just mine but I have to mention it. It had a lot of fretbuzz and it took a while before I fixed it all so I'm sorry but I have to give this low rating because of the action.

First I want to say that I bought the Worn Brown model and not the worn cherry(like th picture here) It is a Gibson Les Paul without the 300dollar paint job xD. I mean you have all the features of a normal Les Paul Studio except the paint witch makes this guitar a bit lighter than a normal LP studio Also it has other pick-ups I believe but my cousin has a normal LP studio and honestly I dont hear the difference.