Marauder review by Gibson

Gibson: Marauder

Purchased from: Ebay

This guitar has a great sound for what I play, which is classic rock. Right now I only used it with one amp, but with that amp it has satisfied me. It has many sound verities. It can get a real loud sound and a real low sound and inbetween. The guitar can make a verity of sounds.

This is a good match because I like 70s music and this guiar was made in the 70s. I've been playing it for half a year now, I also own a Hopf Saturn 63. Nothing I would ask. I would 100% but it again. I love everything about it, but I hat ethat there is no whammy bar. I compared this to the Epiphone/Gibson Black Beauty. I wish it had a whammy.

Yes, it works well with Live playing and the hardware already lasted over 30 years, I think it can last logner. Samething with the hardware, I'm sure it'll last. I would definitly use this guitar on stage, but I would not use it with out a back up, as great as the guitar is it can't make every single sound.the finish is perfectly fine.

The guitar was set up well. One pick up it straight as in up down wise, and the orther is slightly tilted. I'm not sure what bookmatched means. Also don't know what propely routed bridge is.(This was my dads but know it's my guitar and I'm 14 abd he didn't tell me all the details of when he bought it). The guitar had no flaws, nothing was loose, the wood was good, no rust, finish was fine, the fretwire was great, no misangled bracing, not cut pegs, nice saddle, great pickup selecter.

This is a 1975 Gibson Marauder and it's and American made guitar. The neck has 22 frets. This guitar has a single coil pick up and a bold-on neck. the body is a contoured single cutaway Les Paul-shaped body, and a bolt on maple neck with a headstock similar to the Flying V's. It has a 3-way Switch. Tune-O-Matic bridge. This model is the natural body.

DavidDHopkins
    Paul Stanley didn't buy these guitars to play... he smashed them on stage right along with the Sonex and a few others.
    minchew
    Im sorry, but you don't really sound like you know what you are talking about. Specifically in the sound department.
    asfastasdark
    I'm going to have to agree with minchew. 14 or not, this is a bit useless. There's clearly a humbucker that was never even mentioned, and he didn't even name the body wood. Plus a bunch of the stuff in here is not even right. If I was UG, I wouldn't have accepted this review.
    livewire76
    Yeah, im afraid im going to go with asfastasdark and minchew on this one. Reveiws that aren't accurate - and obviously so - shouldn't be posted. Ok, the kid's 14 but there's reviews by older UG'ers that are just as bad and shouldn't be put up. Nice try kiddo but before you post check out some more detailed reviews for ideas. And btw putting a whammy/vibrato on that guitar will make it's price drop faster than a lead weight. My advice to you is look after it, get another axe witha whammy, then in a few years you're Marauder might be worth quite a bit of money - but ONLY if you dont mess with the origional parts! You have been warned..
    Nick184
    I'm going to be a little controversial and say that this is poor even by 14 year old standards... Spelling and grammar is forgivable, but come on... 'it can do real loud sounds and low sounds'? You can get a sound fitting this description by throwing the guitar against the wall. Does UG even read the reviews before publishing them?
    J.J.G.
    "I wish it had a whammy." no you dont, you dont swap a tune-o-matic bridge in a 40 year old guitar and bump a floyd into it... or maybe, you just sound like the kind of person that would do that
    samburl
    One pick up it straight as in up down wise, and the orther is slightly tilted. what?