Robot Les Paul Studio LTD review by Gibson

Gibson: Robot Les Paul Studio LTD

Purchased from: Warpdrive Music

This guitar is very diverse. I play a lot of different styles: rock, Indie, punk, ska, skate, emo, soloing etc. It plays very well in all of these styles it is very quick to play as the fretboard is excelent. I am currently using this guitar with a Marshall Valvestate AVT 150 head and a Marshall Valvestate 412A 200w cabinate. This has a whole load of effects on it and the guitar sounds sweet with every one!, the guitar can make a lot of diferent sounds from bright to an rich sound which is great for soloing.

I play a lot of different styles of music: rock, Indie, punk, ska, skate, emo, soloing etc. This guitar is great for all of these styles. I have been playing for 10 or more years now and I'm only 17. I own quite a frew bits and bobs of gear: Marshall AVT 150 stack, Marshall MG 30, Marshall MS-2 microamp, Tanglewood acoustic guitar, another acoustic guitar, PRS (Santana style) guitar, this Gibson, an old Strat (poor), Peavy ST-15 Speakers and a Peavey MP400 PA system (few things more but I've forgotten them). If this guitar was lost or stolen I would cry, then I would go and buy another one (well the insurance would). I love everything about this guitar I feel it has no bad points! My favourite feature would have to be the sound or the looks. I compared this guitar with the new Fender Strat (675) and the Fender H/H/S Strat, and to be honest the Fenders play awful! They say you either like Fenders or Gibsons, so if ur considering buying either, check both of them out, go and play one first (I'm definately a Gibson man).

This guitar is extremely reliable and durable! I've been playing the guitar now for a good 10 years! And I'm only 17. I haven't known any other guitar be this reliable of durable. This guitar is solid, I've banged it a few times on chairs and desks etc, and it hasne dinted the guitar or even put a scratch on it, I thin Gibson must be using some super laquer or something! The hardware and strap buttons are very strong and seems like they will outlive me! I for one depend on this guitar alone, I have three other guitars and when I go to play at a gig I don't take them unless I'm using different tunings, I depend on this Gibson normaly. I play my guitar for at least 3 hours a day, everyday, this finish seems again like it could outlast me, it shows no sign of wearing away.

This guitar was set up perfectly it was tuned and the pickups were set perfectly. The colour was exactly the same as it is shown on every website I have seen and it works wonderfully with the gold and black hardware. The bridge is properly routed and it is also for keeping the guitar in tune as it it self adjusting. Any flaws? No chance! This guitar is perfect, there is not one flaw on it! Everything is cut, placed and fixed perfectly, the finishing of the varnish is also excellent, it covers every where I haven't seen any gaps or uncovered bits yet! and I don't expect to either.

This guitar was made in the USA this year (2005). Body, neck and woods: this model has 23 frets and a rosewood fretboard. The body is a solid body made from 2 different woods, Mahogany with a maple (heavier wood) on top as a cap. This guitar would be realy realy realy heavy otherwise. Finish: this guitar looks beautiful, it has a clear finish which is coloured a wine red colour with gold hardware (looks stunning). Body style: this is of course no copy so obviously it's the Gibson Les Paul body shape. Controls: this guitar gives a 3-way selector switch to Switch between the neck, the bridge or both pickups. There is also a volume dial provided for each pickup (2) and 2 tone controls, again one for each pickup. Pickups: these are the Standard Gibson humbuckers which come on the guitar, (check out thier website for more info). Tuners: these are Gibson Deluxe tuners (as standard) very robust. Accessories: this guitar comes with a whole host of accessories; Gibson hard Case with the Gibson logo on "Gibson USA", Gibson strap, Picks (plectrums), Gibson guitar polish/cleaner, Polishing cloth, Gibson tuner, and a lot of information to do with spare parts and other useful stuff.

TopherAbe
    I don't really know about you guys, but after re-reading this thing a few times, I didn't see a thing about the whole gimmick of the Robot Guitar, that being the self-tuning it's supposed to do. I'm not saying that the Robot Guitar doesn't stand up to whatever is being thrown at it, I'm just sort of wishing that the reviewer had gotten a bit more in depth with that aspect of it. Gibson's a GREAT band, in my opinion, and I'm really wanting to read a great review of this thing before I go to sell a vital organ or three to afford one, and this review isn't it, sadly.
    GreenDayfan445
    Pat_s1t wrote: R4mm2t31n wrote: I think the guy from Buckethead uses a 24 frets LP. Buckethead uses a Gibson les Paul but i don't know why it has 24 frets. It's probably an ESP Eclipse then
    schniepel89x
    Seriously? 2000 bucks more than a Standard LP just because it TUNES ITSELF? I'd rather save 2000 bucks and tune the damn thing myself. That is if I ever planned on buying that morbidly overpriced guitar.
    maccamaster
    jay3213
    Robot guitars are a stupid thing that should have not been made.... What would you take. A real gibson or a piece of crap guitar that has one feature... Tunes itself... I want a real gibson.....
    Dairybeat
    Last week I bought a Robot LP, Wine Red for 1800 Euro's (add about 25% for Dollars). It looks and sounds great (I prefer it to my traded in LP Classic Reissue 1960) and I love the auto. tuning part. I tune(d) a lot, as I don't like the sound of an out of tune guitar, but I've always disliked doing it. With the Robot it's a piece of cake and I play more because of it. Yes it's an expensive 'tuner', but I can afford it, so what the heck! I'll bet you all that in the years to come, many more guitars of all brands will have this kind of feature; you can't stop progress...!
    CrazyJet
    Gunsandammo90
    i've been thinking of getting this after this huge money im getting from a lawsuit after a car hit me. after reading this, i'm certain i wanna buy this since the guy said that it's like having several different guitars with you. i only have about 2 workable ones now.
    djjiles
    R4mm2t31n wrote: I think the guy from Buckethead uses a 24 frets LP.
    lol....."the guy from buckethead"
    falcfalc
    i wish they'd release a non-robot les paul with a blue silverburst finish... but its "one of a kind"
    BulletzAreScene
    Is it just me, or does the one by Guitar Freak 86 look exactly like the post for the Les Paul Studio?
    themtalisgood
    i dont think the robot guitar is any better than a normal guitar. all it does is tune itself im not saying its a bad thing but anyone who dosent have time to sit down and tune a guitar i far too busy.
    !BEN!
    hey this review is pretty much the same as the review for the Gibson les paul studio, nearly word for word lol thatl explain the 2005 part, obviously he couldnt be bothered to write it again or he hasnt got one.. =p lol
    Guitar Freak 86
    djjiles wrote: R4mm2t31n wrote: I think the guy from Buckethead uses a 24 frets LP. lol....."the guy from buckethead"
    Lol you nub, buckethead is the guy lol R4mm2t31n is noobish
    meonme
    oh wait... the guy is a freak liar lol... his age is "17" on here and on his profile hes like 14 lol... and his gear isnt all there on his profile... doesnt even mention this lol... btw sorry for double post
    meonme
    Guitar Freak 86 wrote: maccamaster wrote: 23 frets?? thats a bit dumb, why not just even it up to make 24 or just slim it down to 21, thats a bit dodgey if you ask me... Don't you meen slim it to 22, what a normal electric has you dumbo, but the 23 creates a less bend for that high 24th bend
    Ok seriously dude? you proclaiming a 23 fret fretboard is ridiculous... especially since you know.. they make 24 frets on some fretboards :O... 23 would serve almost no purpose so why would someone go after it eh? plus that would be some wierd scale legnth...
    i like techno
    on the second review under the impression section he says he compared it to a H/H/S strat..is there such a thing? i think he meant HSS
    ryanjt801
    it'd be awesome if they could put the robot features on a jackson KV2 with black ghost flames (:
    nickofzo
    soulsniper6 wrote: dose it take battery ?
    yes there is a battery in.. ive played one.. realy nice.. nice paint job.. silverburst.. but uh.. well the sound is way to clean and flat you'll better take a fender if you want that sound.. (it still is a les paul studio) normally you can afford a les paul studio for 1000(euros) but this one cost 2000.. I decide to get for the sound.. so i did buy a les paul classic (vintage sunburst.. also cost 2000 euro's. but the sound is much better.. you have to play both to feel the differences. (sorry for make lots of grammar mistakes.. write in Englisch is not my best thing ) haha
    E V H 5150
    Pretty poor review, not even mentioning anything about the robot tuning, besides the fact that it has it...
    cajun_prince
    HighwayHawk : how come you played the guitar for 10 years,if you say in the beginning that this was made in 2005... Again, this is the review for the Robot les paul, which has come out on the market in 2007.. fake.
    just read.. and analyze.. he said he was playing for 10 yrs!!.. not the guitar!..
    HighwayHawk
    Shornifier
    randomguy2000 wrote: can you put robot tuners and the MCK on a guitar with a floyd rose- the gibson les paul shred studio? plz answer
    I bet you could. But it'd probably involve about $10,000 (or more), ripping apart both guitars, heavy carving (your tone will probably change, your guitar might crack), months of work, someone that can wire it up for you (they'll have to know how the robot tuners work and sync with the guitar), and most importantly, seeing that your guitar is a Floyd Rose and has a locking nut, it is prone to cause many problems and not tune properly due to the spring tension on the tremelo. Simply put: Possible? Yes. Recommended? No. It probably wouldn't work anyways (IMO).
    randomguy2000
    Necrolysis
    MonsterOfRock wrote: This guitar was made in the USA this year (2005). Reliability & Durability: This guitar is extremely reliable and durable! I've been playing the guitar now for a good 10 years! And I'm only 17. I play a lot of different styles: rock, Indie, punk, ska, skate, emo, soloing etc. This guitar is great for all of these styles. I have been playing for 10 or more years now and I'm only 17. If this guitar was lost or stolen I would cry 'nuff said?
    true. someone sure is stupid for playing for 10 years.
    MaggaraMarine
    And this guitar has 22 frets not 23 frets (look at the picture).
    robolead
    I'm am sitting 3 feet from my LP Robot right now and I can tell you it has 22 frets. Nobody paid the full retail price ($3995 US) for a Robot that I've heard of. Mine did not come with picks, polish, tuner or strap (but they are listed as option accessories on the web sites). So what you have is a cyber review in place of an intimate experience with fine piece of musical gear.
    per-rock
    i don't like this guitar much maybe if i most play whith my band often.(maybe)
    robolead
    Sorry, you can't find them anymore at the blowout prices. Same Ash is out of LP's. If you could find one out there, buy it in a hurry. I got mine at Sam Ash for $999 and it was the last of two and the other was already sold too.
    robolead
    Reviewer mention "self-adjusting" bridge?...thats keeps the guitar in tune? Whatever! They did make them in Red by the way just not in the first run. So, mine came from the store with perfect fit, finish, hardware, etc. The action was a bit high toward the bridge so I had it lowered and re-tonated. Plays and sounds like a dream....just ask my friends that lined up to check it out! Beautiful green metallic, by the way.
    LouieTM
    Well, now that this guitar costs $999.99 at Sam Ash, is it worth it? With today's exchange rate, I wouldn't mind picking up a good-sounding, well-playing Gibby LP Studio for 675 Euros when I'll be in NYC next month. Opinions?
    Nirvana00125
    Pat_s1t wrote: R4mm2t31n wrote: I think the guy from Buckethead uses a 24 frets LP. No, buckethead uses a completely custom made les paul. It's probably an ESP Eclipse then
    Jon Rambo 7
    OK, I have to come in and say something about the 23 fret thing. The Robot Les Pauls have 22 frets. Guitar Freak mus be counting the little bit of then neck that is between the last fret and the body as another fret.
    digoutyerarse
    CrazyJet wrote: ok, so Guitar = 1000 Hmmm... should I put robot tuning and add another 1000 or just buy a 10 tuner and spend 5 minutes before playing. Hmmmm, toughy! WHATS THE POINT!
    i think it's good for live performances you when your string snaps and change the strings and it would tune itself quicker so the show would go on faster or maybe you wanna change tunings in a middle of song while shredding or sumthin (anyway would rather buy an Epi Casino)
    digoutyerarse
    LMAO!
    Guitar Freak 86
    shwilly wrote: CrowLord wrote: yeah, i dont think he is writing about the robot guitar here Nope, 'cause he didn't mention anything about the automatic tuners (heck, if it was the robot guitar why would they even include a Gibson tuner as an accessoire) and as of now the "robots" have only sported the white + blue sunburst finish
    You can tune it your self and there is more than white and blue. UG put that pic there and this is the new studio robot. Duh!