SG Classic review by Gibson

Gibson: SG Classic

I play in a grunge/garage band however play many different styles around blues, classic rock, and punk. This ig Muff guitar can handle all of them in stride. I use many effects, the ones I've used with it so far are my Big Muff going through my Bad Monkey overdrive. It sounds great and with this set up and cover just about any genre of music. it's just a bit noisy on heavy distortion when you're not playing. It has that classic P-90 crunch on the Bridge pick-up and a nice warm bluesy tone in the rhythm pickup. Blues, Punk and classic rock tones are easy on this guitar and with the right distortion and overdrive Grunge and Smashing Pumpkins tones are easy as well. I'm a big fan of the P-90 sound since I don't play too much metal, the P-90 covers everything just under, basically if you like good old rock and roll this guitar is for you.

This fits all the music I play perfectly, I chose this guitar to replace my old Epiphone SG that I cracked in half a the end of a concert. I've been playing for a year and 8 months, I also own a Fender Telecaster, Stratocaster, an Epiphone Jr. P-90 and a LP-100. The guy Who helped me was really good at showing me the differences between the Standard SG and this SG Classic, the SG Classic just seemed like it suited my style more. Not to mention Pete Townsend played this kind of guitar at woodstock and I loved the way it sounded, this guitar lives up to my expectations. Now if you like hard rock or heavy metal, you'll want to check out the Standard with the Humbuckers. If I had the money I'd replace it if it were stolen or lost. I love everything about this guitar, the neck, the way it soudns and even where and how it rests over my shoulder. I love this guitar and I'm sure if you try one out you'll love it too.

This guitar feels very sturdy and would most likely withstand Live playing. All the hardware seems solid as well as the strap buttons. I wouldn't bring a back up to a gig, after all it is a Gibson. I've bumped it a few imes already due to a crowded playing area and the finish has held up well with no nicks. Overall it's a pretty solid guitar.

Everything was fine right out of the factory I just had to lower the action a little bit. The pickups were adjusted well, and the bridge was routed properly. The cherry finish is beautiful and didn't contain any flaws at all. Also all the knobs, controls, and input jack, etc. were all fine, none were loose or anything.

Mine was made in 2007 in the USA. It has a 22 fret rosewood fretboard with an all mahogany body and Heritage cherry finish. Has a tune-o-matic bridge, two volume and two tone controls and a three way pickup selector. It has two P-90 pickups and Gibson tuners (I don't know too much about tuners). It also comes with a Gibson gig bag. Basically ou have all the controls you need to tame this guitar.