SG Classic review by Gibson

Gibson: SG Classic

SGs suit the classic rock sound very well. The SG Classic comes with P-90 pickups, which can easily put out an Eric Claptonish sound and feel. I play blues based rock, and the Gibson SG Classic suites me very well. The P-90s ARE single coil, so I wouldn't recommend this guitar to anyone Who plays any high gain metal, because the pickups can start buzzing very easily at high gain settings. However, the P-90s carry a large variety of sound.

The Gibson SG Classic is a great guitar for blues/rock. That's what I play, and it suites me very well. This guitar suites me just perfectly, although I don't think that very many metal-heads would be satisfyed with the single-coil pickup sound. I however, don't play on high gain settings so I don't run into this problem. I really love the great sound of the P-90s. The Gibson SG Classic is a great guitar, and I recommend it to any loyal Classic Rock player.

It's a Gibson! What more do I need to say? Everything is soild, trustworthy, and sounds amazing. I wouldn't only take this guitar to a gig, this is the ONLY guitar I would take to a gig. It looks amazing, and the finish seems like it will last forever just as the guitar will. The Gibson SG Classic is a definate road instrument.

The action seems to be higher than the normal guitar, which I like. The pickups were ajusted very well. The only problem I have run into is the nut. It seemed just fine when I first recived this guitar, but a few months afterward, I had to get the nut ajusted. It had dropped off balance, and my bottom E string buzzed. I however, got this fixed with my warrenty card, and now I'm fine.

Made in 2003 at the Menphis Gibson Factory (USA): 2 P-90 Pickups, SG style body, heritage cherry finish, mahogany body, mahogany neck, rosewood fretboard, 22 Frets (Dot inlays), Tune-A-Matic Bridge. Came with a deluxe gig bag that protects very well.