SG Diablo review by Gibson

Gibson: SG Diablo

Purchased from: Professional Music Technology In Birmingham

This guitar suits my music style as I play anything from Cannibal Corpse to BB King. Using a Engl screamer 50 watt combo I was able to get excellent hard rock and metal tones. This guitar also has a phenomenal blues tone with a added touch of reverb. The cleans from this guitar are also fantastic giving of the feeling of a warm glow. Unfortunately I do not have many effects but using a wah pedal can get a good funky sound. These pickups are absolutely amazing they are the best and most versatile pickups I have ever heard.

This guitar is a perfect match for my versatile playing style. I have been playing for around a year and a half and own a SG Standard and a '52 reissue Telecaster. If it was stolen/lost I would defiantly buy another. I love everything about this guitar, It was that good I bought it without trying anything else. Finally The SG Diablo is a devilishly good guitar.

The diablo will withstand Live playing at an ease. The hardware all seems sturdy along with the strap buttons although I always use strap locks. The finish looks like it will last a lifetime and stay a beautiful shade of red. This guitar would be reliable enough to gig without a backup.

The diablo was setup perfectly extremely low action with perfect pickup height. All the routs are neat and tidy. There where absolutely no flaws with this guitar the only thing I can nitpick at is the number out of a thousand is stamped into the back of the headstock and then painted over sloppily to highlight it with silver paint.

This guitar was made January 16th 2008 by Gibson, it was manufactured in the USA. It has 24 frets and has the usual Gibson scale length of 23 3/4 Inch's with a 12 inch radius. It has a solid mahogany body and neck with a rosewood fingerboard. This guitar features a nitrocellulose metallic red finish. The diablo has the iconic SG shape for fantastic upper fret access with a tune-o-matic bridge. This guitar features Gibson's passive burstbuckers with tone and volume controls with a 3 way Switch. Also it has grover tuners, this guitar came with a free hardcase and the usual reading paraphernalia.

warrenguitar
    Awesome guitar! Very impressive. Weird setup with the volume, tone and treble/rythm buttons :-? Very expensie though! I suppose thats what you have to pay...
    Kennydrox
    batiboy06 wrote: guitar from heaven. SEXY!!
    MORE LIKE GUITAR FROM HELL!!! this thing is freakin sick!
    RockGamma3
    I'm selecting my first high class guitar and so far this is my favorite. I was going to get a menace but seeing how versitile this one is Im probably getting this one.
    mbngo
    I've got mine (#714) and it without a doubt in my mind it's the best money I've ever spent. Worth every penny. The pickups are unmatched in versatility and sound and its looks are some of the best we've seen from Gibson in a long time.