SG Menace review by Gibson

Gibson: SG Menace

Price paid: C$ 1000

Purchased from: Avenue Guitars

I play an SG Standard, Raw Power and Menace. The Menace is my fave for anything from clean tones-guitar and Vox only, for blues rock metal too... This IS the most versatile SG I have played, and only play SGs. The bridge bucker is a screamer, the fret bucker is warm, but much ballsier than your 57s.

I play 60s-70s acid rock, grunge rock, some industrial. I would not purchase it again, I would hunt the SOB down, beat him with the guitar, and take it home and jam because its that meaty!

The only reason why I have one of my other Sgs for back up is purely for the variations in tunings... The reliability of thi sbeast is no question-it has proved it WILL get the job done-alone!

The fit, finiosh and action are perfect. I took a long time choosing the right axes. The grains through the finish are perfect, unplugged it sounds like an Acoustic guitar, the action is f'n fast-i don't shred but I'm sure those guys would have no problems. This guitar is solid and perfect. I am interested to see how close the Goth series and the Voodoo is to the Menace, and hope Gibson contiues these ltd SG Specials.

Read the former review for the features in-depth... 490/498 humbuckers, all mahog body with a rosewood fretboard. Light. Gold/black chrome hardware. Faded trans-black. The 498 can take some getting used to as it is Hot!