SG Special review by Gibson

Gibson: SG Special

Sounds very nice with the pickup it came with but it's not a bad thing to modify it and replace a pickup to your guitar concerns. It's got a rich sound very smooth. Very nice finish.

I play metal and this guitar is very very well for my style because it's easy to solo in the high strings with its devil cut body. I would have to buy another one if it got stolen. I've been plaing for liek almost 3 years and it wouldn't have been the same without this guitar.

Really well built will last a long time if not its got a lifetime warrenty. Made in the USA ahmen to that. Definitly a live playing guitar with the easy access to high frets. Its place in live is onstage.

The action on this can be easily lowered or made higher with its Tune-0-Matic bridge. It was nicely set up but when I got the guitar the treble pickup only worled for a week then it just blew out. The coils were f--ed so I was forced to replace it whish wasn't bad 'cause I was planning on it anyways. And for some reason after like 2 months of playing it I began to see presuure cracks forming along the strap buttin and outsede of the pickguard. Kinda sucks.

Made in the USA. 1 piece mahogony body, 22 frets with a rosewood fingerboard. Tune-O-Matic brigde with stop bar tail piece. 2 Alnico magnetics with volume and tone for each one. Comes with Alnico 490's both bridge and treble but I replaced my treble with another pickup.