SG Special review by Gibson

Gibson: SG Special

I play mainly pop-punk and pop-rock and it sounds amazing. My old band was doing a harder kind of rock, almost screamo and this guitar fit perfectly as well. I play my guitar out of a Crate GLX1200H 120W Head and some old '80s Fender cabinet (I don't know the model, sorry) and it sounds amazing. The clean sounds are great and the distorted sounds are incredible. There's no hum on this at all. I love everything about this guitar, I have no dislikes whatsoever.

I play pop-punk and pop-rock and this guitar is a perfect match. I have been playing for 4 years and this is my dream guitar. I own 2 Fender Tom Delonge signature models, a Fender Precision Bass, a Fender acoustic, Vesporo classical acoustic, and Peavey Raptor Plus and this guitar is byfar the best out of all of those. If this guitar were stolen, I'd find the person who stole it, kill them, and get my guitar back. If it were lost, I'd buy another one in a second. I love everything about this guitar, there's nothing to dislike. I compared it to the Epiphone G400 and the Gibson SG Special Faded and this one blew them out of the water. I chose this one because its basically my dream guitar. I wish I could get one of these in white, but thats a discontinued color. I guess I'll finish this by saying that I always thought I'd want a Les Paul. I played one and I just didn't like it compared to my SG. I like the SG because they're so lightweight compared to the Les Paul and they are so easy to get high up on the neck with. Buy an SG Special or an SG Standard, you won't regret it.

I got it at Guitar Center used. The guitar is 7 years old and it was set up amazingly. The pickups were and still are amazing. The only problem I've had is that the D string tuner fell off. But I was told that's because the tuner is faulty. Otherwise, nothing else was wrong.