SG Special review by Gibson

Gibson: SG Special

The sound of the Gibson SG really slaps the crowd in the face. You can get amazing sounds from it and it really is worth playing. With the advanced controls on it the sound it not only has variety but has impact too. It is a favourite guitar for many bands and rockers, such as My Chemical Romance's Ray Toro, rhythm guitarist. If you get a decent amp to go with it you will be the ultimate guitar player. The sound is really good, probably one of the best factors of the SG due to all its electrics and pickups.

Like I said, I love the Gibson SG, it's really good, and I'm not just saying that. I have been playing for 5 years and had the SG for a long time. It's still in perfect condition and I haven't had to look after it that much. I would keep buying it as many times as it got stolen, but the first time it dd I would probably kill the guy. I love the sound it makes, and the amazing finish of the body. Chrome! The only problem is that the tuning knobs are a wierd shape but that's not really a problem is it?

If you would want to play such a fine guitar Live then yes it would be amazing. I haven't played it Live yet, but I play bass guitar (Peavey Millenium 4-string BXP) in the band that I am in, so I don't really get much chance to. The sound and look of the guitar will really make it an excellent thing to play live, and because of the great job of the finish, it will last a lifetime (well a very very long time anyway). Everything about the guitar seems to be really good which is probably why it is so common in rockstars.

Again, there were no problems with this guitar, and why should there be? It's perfect. Gibson did a really good job of the body and I really like the chrome plating that they equipped it with. It's really cool when your playing it. The pickups are perfect and so is the wiring. It plays like a king and I haven't yet found anything wrong with it, and I doubt I will.

My particular Gibson SG was made in Nashville, where most of them are made. It has a mahogany body and neck. The fretboard has 22 frets and is made of ebony. It's an amazing guitar to play and hold and really comfortable. I bought it because I fell in love with it at first sight, who wouldn't? The chrome plating finish really gives it a neat edge. The pickups are Alnico magnet humbuckers which give the sound a really good punch. The controls it has are really good quality, with two volume, two tone and 3-way switch. As if this guitar isnt enough it even comes with a hard case complete with the "Gibson USA" logo.