SG Special review by Gibson

Gibson: SG Special

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

it suits my music style very well. It's allows for smooth sounding jazz, to a hard driving metal sort of thing. I prefer to use the Marshall 50 watt DFX MG series. it sound absolutely terrific with this amp. I also like the sound of it with a Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive pedal. the sound it emits is very full, very bright. the guitar can do almost anything you like. Great pinch harmonics, amazing design for tremolo, and bends are easier than ever. I strongly recommend this guitar to anyone who is lookin for a 2nd or 3rd guitar.

I just love this guitar. I've been playing for a few years, and this guitar really stands out. The thing I like most right where the strings meet the metal towards the back end. It makes for great palm muting and pinch harmonics, ohter guitars just can't do it this easily in my opinion. I play all kinds of music, and this is great for all of them. It is especially good for classic rock. A lil' bit of distortion, a little bit of clean. I strongly recommend this guitar for anyone, because it's such a great guitar!

This guitar does withstand Live playing. At gigs, it has great reliability, and the hardware wilmost definitly last. The strap buttons do not come off once they are on. They are a real pain to get on and off if you aren't going to use them constantly, but that's good. I fell extra safe that my guitar won't slip in the middle of a solo. The finish is very good. I've cleaned it with various types of cleaners and polishers, and it doesn't ware down.

At the factory, this guitar was set up with no faults. No chips in the wood, no misaligned bracing, nothing. It was perfect. the pickups were adjusted fairly well, except for one of them (it's a bit shaky and loose). Besides that, it plays great. the rod that runs through the neck didn't even need to be adjusted.

I really like this guitar. I got it for christmas after extensive searching. it's an american made guitar (made in nashville), and has great sound. I play in a rock band with my friends, and I play out of a Marshall 50 watt amp. it sounds excellent. it comes with a gig bag, a strap, and some tools. The tuners are very good; stay in tune fairly well. mine has a maple neck and wine red finish. it's a cutaway body design, and most importantly, all the same piece of wood. that's what's great about Gibson. the whole guitar is one piece.