SG Special review by Gibson

Gibson: SG Special

Great for blues, rock, country, really anything. I play blues though and it has a great tone for it. I turn my tone knobs to about eieght and play though the neck pick-up and get some Strat like tones. I play it through a couple of diffrent things including a 1969 Fender Bassman 135 half stack (Used with Boss Reverb pedal, and othe distortion pedals for certain songs for blues and rock.), Marshall JVM410 full stack(Used with no pedals for blues and rock), JCM2000-DSL full stack(Used with no pedals for blues and rock), Fender Hot Rod Deluxe(Used with various disrtortion pedals for blues and rock), and a Fender Bluesman(Used with various distortion pedals for Blues and rock). It is noisy and I think I need to have the electronics cleaned or something. It has a very full sound with some ballsy bass.

I play blues/rock and it is a great match for me and my style of music. I have been playing for about eieght years now. I have to much gear to list. lol I have five Gibsons and six Fender Strats. I have eieght amps and two full Furrman pedal boards. If it was stolen or lost I would go on a mission and kill the person behind it. If it were to break I can honestly say I would cry and I would have it repaired. I will never sell this guitar. I have never played a guitar that is so fast and easy to play with .12's on it. I want to put bigger stings on it like my Strats but am afrade of messing up the neck on such a rare fine guitar.

The guitar could most definatly withstand Live playing. The hardware will last forever I think. I wont gig with it to prevent it from being stolen or broken by some careless jerk. It is just worth to much and way to rare. There is some wear on the neck and a lot to the frets. I will most likly have to get her re-fretted soon. This guitar is 100% dependable still.

From what I understand there wern't any flaw and came set up and adjusted well. No I have medium to high action on it with .12-.56 size strings. The finish on the guitar is red and I'm not sure about the wood. It has some small crackes in the body near the input jack. Nothing majoir thoough.

I have an all original 1961 Gibson SG(LesPaul) Special. It has two P-90's pickups. It has two volume knobs, two tone knobs, and a three way selector Switch. It is a little bit beat up but is still in great playing condition. Everty thing on it is original so look up the specs for these year to find any other info.