SG Special review by Gibson

Gibson: SG Special

Like I said before. My music taste ranges. It works especially well with the Vox on the track "Strength Of The World". And also makes tracks like "Everlong" and "American Idiot" sound great. On my Vox I can save 8 sounds. 4 on each 'Bank'. I use the red for cleaner sounds and the green for my Avenged/Linkin Park(old)metal sounds. I use Rotosound Purples (Medium/Heavy) strings making th great sound last even longer.

I have been playing since I was 11. I am nearly 15 now and it has lasted 3 years with only a few dings. My mother wanted me to pick the Epiphone in her 'comparison' test where I listened to the same riff being played. She wanted an Epiphone because they are cheaper. I made the right decision. I had always wanted a Gibson. And I loved the double cutaway shape so I thought. Why not get both?

I have never played a live gig so I wouldn't know. But it has withstood countless jams with friends and an ever growing number of solo headbanging sessions in the bedroom. The finish seems to have stood the test of time.

I got this guitar at a local shop for my 13th birthday! I still don't know much about the hardware (mainly because I am not taking my only guitar apart) but th pickups sound great. Especially when on treble for those infamous Syn solos.

I have a 2009 edition of the SG. This guitar is my only guitar at the moment as I have donated my Strat copy. And I have to say. I wouldn't have it any other way. I love it! I use a Vox VT30 amp. And I play stuff from Foo Fighters to Avenged Sevenfold an it sounds great! 22 frets of guitarry goodness joined to a cherry red base with humbuckers and a Tune-O-Matic bridge. Amazing!