SG Special Faded review by Gibson

Gibson: SG Special Faded

I play punk/grunge/hardcore/classic rock. It blend in perfectly. I use it w/ Fender Frontman 25R at home. At shows, it plays just fine. I only use a DS-1 most of the time and they work together just great. It's responsive, and pretty noisy.

It's just awesome and has a great reputation. I have only been playing for three years. it's a great guitar for shows (average weight) and for practicing (good shape for playing sitting down). A hard case would be a bonus (had to buy a $90 case later).

I play with two bands currently, one signed, one independent. At shows, it plays loud and have a big fat full sound. The guitar is still in good condition (many scratches from my stud belt). The strap button works fine.

Great action in the condition when I got it. The bridge pickup is too high, but I fixed that in no time. The pickup wrapping is peeling off slightly but it's all good. One bridge tone knob is lose but besides that, everything is in great condition.

Cherry wood, 22 frets, mahogany body and neck, color: red fade, stopbar, 2 humbuckers, Tune-O-Matic bridge, Green Key tuners from Gibson, black platethree way Switch, two volume/tone controls each and a gig bag. Made in USA.