SG Special Faded review by Gibson

Gibson: SG Special Faded

Purchased from: SamAshYou

It plays like a dream. I play every type of music there is. I am not in a band. I just like to jam for hours on end. I have been playing for about 8 years. And I will say this guitar awoke the spirit of rock and roll once again in my soul. I play it through a buddy of mines Fender tube amp, and it was amazing. It handled everything I threw at it and then some. I currently run the AVT150 half stack from Marshall. It played like a dream cranked. and my take along is a Vox ac30 custom classic. Plugged into the vox, it was incredible. It is def. a very nice sounding guitar. But the bridge humbucker is a little to high. But adjusting it made me feel guilty, like it was made that way for a reason. So I changed it back and I'm happy with that decision.

Overall this is a fantastic guitar and for the money it's a bargain in the SG group. SG guitars are a Legacy, and this one definetly carries on that Legacy. If you are serious about playing, and you want to spend some serious dough and get a guitar that will last you for many years to come will play excellent in every aspect of music and will have killer looks well into your "Vintage" years. Then this is the guitar for you.

Live playing is a definate with this guitar, without worries of a backup. The hardware will last for ages. The strap button could be better, but thinking about it only makes it worse. Like if your thrashing about playing something heavy and you suddenly think my god those strap buttons arent the best you'll suddenly stop for fear of the strap popping off, when in reality it prolly wouldn't. The finish is perfect, very Vintage, great all the way.

The only flaw I found was the obvious pickup at the bridge. But like I said it was put there for a reason and although it seems out of place with it's height, it still doesn't impact playability.

You obviously already know the specs. I will say this. I agree that the strap buttons arent the best. But they hold the strap on well. Maybe a strap with a lock that locks onto the button wouldn't be a bad investment.