SG Special Faded review by Gibson

Gibson: SG Special Faded

Purchased from: L&M

I play a lot of rock and blues and this guitar plays exceptionally well for both. I play this beauty through a Marshall 100MDX and it sounds amazing expecally with a bit of treble and gain. This is a really loud guitar it makes my amp sound that much louder on stage and gives it lots of bite. The sound is bright but with a Switch to the neck humbucker it gives it a richer fuller tone. This guitar has great sound and a great variety of tones to go with it.

For the style of music I play this guitar is perfect. I've been playing for about 5 years now and this guitar is the best I've bought at this point. I own a Fender Telecaster and a Fender Clapton Strat and this SG hasne like the Telecaster and has the feel of the Clapton Strat. If this guitar was ever stolen I'd buy another one when I could gather up the money. I love the neck, finish, sound and look of this guitar. I don't like the plastic tuning heads though or the high action it came with. I tried out a Jackson rhoads 5 before I bought this and this guitar out shined it by far. If this guitar needed anything it would be better tuning heads and thats it.

I've had this guitar for about a year now and it looks just like it did when I paid for it. I've played it in around 5 shows now and it hasn't let me down. The hardware is solid but I am planning on changing the tuning heads because I don't like the plastic ones. The strap bottons aren't comming off without a crowbar to pry them off. I'd use this guitar without a backup in a second its such a solid guitar. After all the abuse I've given it it still doesnt wear off the finish which is beautiful.

When I bought this guitar it came perfectly set up with the exception that the action was a bit high. I lowered the bridge and adjusted the neck a little bit and it was perfect. The finish is great just what I was looking for it looks and feels like an old friend. The tuning pegs kind of disapointed me because there plastic and not chrome and the action was a bit too high but other then that great guitar.

I bought this guitar about a year ago from Long and Mcquade for about 1150 dollars. It is a 2004 made in the USA. It has a fat rosewood neck with Jumbo frets which were placed in well, no sticking out edges or glue protruding. My guitar was custom made because usually they make sgs in mohogany but mine is made of rosewood making it lighter and giving it great tone and sustain.