SG Special Faded review by Gibson

Gibson: SG Special Faded

Purchased from: guitar center

Is great with the classics and hard rock songs, which are my favcrite, sounds like Nirvana-ish, which is awesome. With the Crate 120 watt amp and the Line 6 Uber Metal pedal it's a beast. I tried this on a Big Marshall amp and a Boss pedal and it sounded so good. It can make sounds like a Wah if you use the effects of the Crate amp has, is sounds anywhere from a Black Sabbath to a Jimmy Page, w/o distortion is can sound like a B.B. King guitar.

My style is from JOhnny Cash, The Who, The Stones, The Eagles, The Beatles, CLapton, Hendrix, and Led Zeppelin, and anywhere near that, but this guiitar has succesfully satisfied my taste of music playing. Though I've only been playing for nearly 17 months, I love this gutiar and plan to keep buying Gibson guiatrs til I have my hands cold and dead. If this was broken, stolen, or lost I would lose a very big part of my life, but I would buy a new one as soon as I could, maybe two. In comparing it to a Strat, they both sound great, only the Strat comes with a wammy bar more than you find a SG come with one unless it's a reissue or an Angus Young version, but that's all IO really wish it had (the wammy bar).

Hell yes it would, this is a great guitar waiting to be wailed on by Clapton or Kieth Richards, I replaced the strap buttons only because the new ones had locks and locks don't come Standard with the SG, but when I didn't have the strap locks, it was completely safe. The finish on the wood will last for years to come, and wont need to be redone for a long time.

Pick ups were adjusted pefect, I don't plan on adjusting anythign because it sounds perfect the way it is. When it was made, nothign wrong, no flaws in the wiring or electronics, perfect eveythign, it is truely a Gibson because of how good they took care of this.

2005 Gibson SG Special Faded, made in USA, solid top, 22 fretvorad, mahogany body, regular finish, all original birdge/ lectronics/controls. Two 490R Humbucker pickups. Sounds great when playing whether in the range from Dream On to Highway to Hell to Free Bird, with the 120 watt Crate amp it sounds awesome along with the Line6 ubermetal distortion. wails when played with slide, one thing I wish for is a wammy bar. A great guitar, and an even better investment, on a one to ten range, it would be in 9-10. Prferred songs I play with this gutiar: Highway To Hell, Ironman, Free Bird, Little Wing, Dream On, Stairway to Heaven solo, Purple Haze and Voodoo Child. But mostly, Back in Black because this guitar roars like Angus Young's.