SG Special Faded review by Gibson

Gibson: SG Special Faded

Purchased from: Aage.dk

I basically play classsic rock like ac/dc and so on and for that purpose this guitar is perfect, now I really understand why angus young chose the SG model. I'm playin my guitar on a Fender FM212R gives the guitar a pretty nice sound. The guitar is great cause basically it can play anything from blues to death metal.

This guitar matches my needs perfectly and it helps me play rock n roll! I've been playing 2 years and been doin some gigs with it and it is a good guitar with and without backup. If it was stolen I would buy the same asap cause I couldn't live day without it. I especially like that compare to other guitars you can shake it and get a really nice sound, and the pickups are better than many other guitars. Well I've compared it a bit with my Washburn X33 and overall it beats it just not in bending and so on. But totally depends on how you are use to playing.

You can definetly count on this guitar live 'cause it is pretty stabil, and you could also go out without backup and make an lovely preformance. The reliability & durability can hold out any situation and maybe weather! Another good thing about the guitar is that it is very light weight so you can play for hours without getting your back all smashed. And the fretboard is round with a lot of comfort.

When I got the guitar it was out of tune, but when I've tuned it it made the prettiest sound, really good pickups. only not so good thing on this guitar is that if you are use to a easially bending guitar this is probaly not the best choice. So the aciton fit and finish is brilliant on this SG Special Faded.

From this year, it was made in usa. It has 22 frets in it stoptail. I selected the faded cherry version. The shape of the guitar is like any other Gibson SG. There a 3 way switch that gives a powerfull selection of sounds, it can really produce some heave deep hard rock tone of distortion. The guitar came with a soft gigbag, tho I've rather wanted a hardcase. Hardcase would be better so the guitar didn't go out of tune all the time. Basically some nice features.