SG Special Faded review by Gibson

• Reviewer's score: 3.8 Poor
Gibson: SG Special Faded

I usually play Shred Guitar so this guitar is really hard to play on. The fat sounding humbuckers make it sound muffled if you sweep even on the bridge pickup, I just took the bloody thing and threw it into a crappy amp (that might be the problem though). The only thing that's good on this is the Rhythm pickup. There is basically nothing unique about this guitar.

This guitar was not made for speed! I've been playing for five years and I know what I'm talking about here you can try to fast but the V-shape neck will stop almost any sweep. If this guitar was stolen I would go get an Ibanez somewhere. I love the action on this thing and the bridge. but everything else is kind of bad. I just wish I had better Humbuckers.

The reliability and durability of this guitar will last about a year before you get any flaws with mine the Bridge humbucker keeps going out and that's the only problem I have. You can depend on this guitar to go on one tour and then break apart. The finish wears off in a year but adds a Vintage look to it.

The Faded finish looks cool if you don't want a flash on a camera otherwise it's stupid looking. The strings stay in tune for a while though because of the awesome bridge. The action is awesome on this thing. It's fit for about a year. The flaw this guitar has is the faded finish about a year after I got it it 'Faded' away but that about does it for the finish

Finnaly a guitar made in the U.S. for less than $1000, This Guitar is awesome especially with the Neck pickup mostly made for Blues and Metal (I only play it on Rhythm though) and the Bridge pickup is made for country sounding stuff, the only problem is they're black plastic I was hoping for Chrome. The Faded finish looks horrible, this is about the worst part of the guitar not to mention the penetonic Dot inlays instead of Hexegons. Adjusting the action is real easy on this though just detune the strings and twist. The FAT V-Shaped neck makes it hard to go fast so don't get this if you're into shred!