SG Standard review by Gibson

Gibson: SG Standard

Purchased from: Singapore

The sound is beautiful, especially when you got a good amp. Damn, its suits all kinds of music. And I played nu metal, with the low end sounds. This guitar was crisp enough to give my distortion a clarity that other guitars couldn't.

Overall, its a kick ass guitar. Nice and light with a smooth feel and clear tones. Very impressive guitar.

Its pretty good but the pickup Switch writings wore off. Can replace that piece of plastic but I wasnt happy that Gibson of all brands would put such a cheap print for the writing. Other than that, its a bit of a delicate guitar, you dont want to bang it on hard objects. But otherwise no problems while playing.

Factory settings were very good. I still havent deviated from the original settings for anything. Flawless guitar!

Made in 2001 in USA. 22 frets, solid. Mahogany with a rosewood finger board. The finish is a limited edition, called the Natural Burst. Thats why I paid a hefty amount for the guitar. I still havent found another guy with the same finish.