SG Standard review by Gibson

Gibson: SG Standard

Purchased from: Ebay Dude

I play things like AC/DC and Van Halen and it sounds realy realy realy good with all the AC/DC songs or anything to that matter except for anything quiet like an acoustic song. I use this guitar with a Crate GLX65 amp and maybe it is just the sound quality of the amps clean channel but the clean sounds just average. The sounds like pinch harmonics and regular harmonics are sounding great.

Overall this guitar kicks major ass and if you can afford a standard get one, not a special, these sound 40 times better and maybe I have only been playin for almost a year I know what I'm doing. I do wish that I would of asked who the hell came up with this idea for this awesome guitar and how to personaly thank him. If someone stole this from me I would track him down and bruttaly beat him so dont try it. I love that it has the 2 tone and 2 volume for both channels and I did compare it to getting a Les Paul but I have wanted an SG since I ever started. If it had a tremelo I would be so much happier.

I have to say that I at least put 4 hours into playin this thing every day and I absolutely demolish this thing and I'll tell you now this thing can resist the biggest beating you can give it. To me the strap buttons seem fine to me cause I have never had a problem with them. I do use my Epiphone Les Paul Special 2 to play if I am learning songs and that guitar is great but I don't think you need a backup for this guitar. The finish is lasting the test of time even though its been one year.

I can't really tell you how well the guitar was set up at the factory but I had to readjust the frets on the neck but other than that just minor things like adjusting the bridge. The pickups couldn't be anybetter than they are now.

This is a 2003 Gibson SG Standard and I absolutely love it. It was made right here in USA and has a solid top. The finish is a black gloss finish and looks great even after the brutal abuse I have given this thing. It has a tune-o-matic bridge and keeps tune preety well but I wish it would stay longer. The tuners are Gibson and are the nickle color. The one bad thing about this guitar is that it needs its strings to be changed way to fast. In about 2 weeks they need to be changed again.