SG Standard review by Gibson

Gibson: SG Standard

Purchased from: the Guitar shop in missisauga

The guitar sounds really good clean or dirty, especially with a little chorus/reverb. I try not to limit myself to one style of music and the SG follows me with whatever I play. Playing the guitar clean with no effects, there tends to be a kind of "quack" on the treble pickup, but other than that, I can't complain about the sound, very well balanced tone.

I try to play a lot of different styles of music and the SG seems fairly good at everything. I've been playing for close to 3 years and this has been my third electric guitar. Right now I'm using it with a small Fender amp, a 30 watt Dyna-Champ or something, its kind of crappy, but the guitar really shines through anyways. I love everything about my Gibson, I don't know how anybody could ever lose one of these, wouldn't you look after it really well? Anyways, in a nutshell, this guitar is sweet from any end of the music spectrum, definitely worth the hefty pirce tag.

Every once in a while, a guitar needs to be thrashed, and this one seems up to the challenge. I'm happy with the quality of it, and it seems really durable for any style of play.

From the guitar shop, it was setup pretty much exactly how I like it, fairly low action. The britewire strings that come stock on all gibsons kind of sucked, so I put slinkys on there, .009-.042. The guitar was put together fairly well, everythings solid, especially the strap buttons.

My Gibson is a 2004 model, made in USA. It came with a case and a truss rod adjustment tool. The guitar itself is finished really nicely, except for one spot behind the tailpiece where there seems to be a small dent in the wood. People tend to complain about the Gibson tuners, but personally, I like them. They seem to hold tune really well and add to the characteristic of the guitar.