SG Standard review by Gibson

Gibson: SG Standard

Purchased from: georges music

This suits my music style perfectly as I do rock/metal through a Marshall MG30DFX and Boss MD-2 Mega Distorion pedal. It has a full rich noisy sound, one problem tho. If you haven't got the amplification louder enough you can head this high "pinging" as the guitar makes a loud noise when not plugged in. But this can easily be avoided.

I think this guitar is the best I have ever seen and/or owned. I have been playing with it for 2 years and it is still in perfect condition. If it was stolen I would try to get it again but I have got my heart set on the Gibson Les Paul Standard but that is a bit to much ofr me to afford as I will buy this back with insurance. I wouldn't compare it with any other guitar as that would be an insult it is so good!

I have never played live so I don't really know how to answer these questions as I just explained about the loose strap buttons. But I can say that if I did have to gig I would trust the guitar and not take a backup.

So far all I have had to do to the guitar is fix the strap buttons as it fell off my strap a few times on numerous straps (different makes and sizes). As I have not got that much experience I didn't notice much wrong with it till m mate told me the pickups were a bit wobbely but I fixed this myself in a matter of minutes. That is the way this guitar is produced, very very easy to maintain!

This may be a bit off as I am only 13, but I will try to use the best of my ability to explain the guitar to the full extent. This beautiful guitar come with 4 pots (2 tone/2 volume). The body is a great red mahogany following the red theme all along the fretboard and back of neck. It came with 2 double coil humbucking pickups.