SG Standard review by Gibson

Gibson: SG Standard

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

I play ska rock and metal. This thing is amazing for the Iron Maiden style. I use the treble humbucker the most for Distortion. The humbuckers sound great when going back and forth from palm mutes to open chords if youve played one on distortion you know what I mean. It rarely ever gets feedback and I have a 100 watt Marshall and I've turned her up quite a bit. On clean for that ska style I put it on middle for pickup selector. It sounds so bold but it's not in your face this guitar is for the kinda person. Who is very humble I think becuase this guitar sounds very humble but it knows, it's amazing.

I've been playing for 3 years. I just bought one of these cuase I saw a lot of people playing them. I didn't like Fenders evern if Jimi Hendrix played one. I decided to go with Gibson and will not be leaving them. Also these are alot better then the Epi's both in quality and sound. I was very impressed just make sure your intonation is correct when you get it. It's not big deal ESP after you've intonated it it makes it sound even better then before.

This guitar does with stand like playing. But I wouldn't go throwing this thing around like I said it's a humble guitar for a humble person who focuses on playing.

The finish is great the action is great. The spacing between the strings is good too. It makes bending strings a lot easier then some of the other electrics I've played. Sometime it coems out of tune but not horribly.

It has 22 fets the body is mahogony and the neck is ebony (they somtimes come in rose wood) the ebony complements the pick guard better though. I chose the Heritage Cherry Finish it's very well done some complained of the horns not looking good but mine was. The only thing I had a problemw with was that the intonation was horrible when it came. I re-intonated it myself and now its great. It also comes with a case which is nice. I give it a 9 becuase of the intonation the person must have forgotten to chekc it before they sent it off. And also mine pickup slector won't stay on the rhythm. It falls down, every so often its ok but it seems loose.