SG Standard review by Gibson

Gibson: SG Standard

Purchased from: Daves Music

This babe absolutely screams rock 'n' roll, plug it into a Marshall tube amp and you are on your way to superstardome. I use a variety of effects starting from a MXR Phase 90 and Crybaby Wah Wah to various distortion pedals. For sound this thing is incredible overall and unbeatable in its preffered rock style regions.

Now I know that I got the ugly duckling and not many other people would have experienced this so I'm gonna give the average SG a 9. Overall a rock machine like no other just make sure you put straplocks on and make sure you have a decent bridge and everything should be fine.

Now this is the only thing that killed my love of Gibsons. Now I am quite reckless with guitars. I've abused the shit out of my Tele, Strat, effects pedals and various other musical gear and they have taken alot of pain but still play and sound just as good as ever. The SG was the total opposite to this, I played a few gigs it worked perfectly I dropped it a few times here and ther but it was in damn good condition so I felt relieved that it wasn't gonna be som pussy guitar that cracks after a few tumbles. Now on its 4th gig I was playing the acdc classic thunderstruck when my 15 minutes of fame came (my solo) I began playing but suddenly the piece of shit Tune-O-Matic bridge just in a way jumped out of the guitar causing all the strings to go fuck knows where and making sounds that immitated a defective goose on coke. I was shocked and at that very same time both strap buttons broke and the machine fell to the ground causing the neck to rip in half and the entire guitar fall to pieces.

Let me tell you something there is no better looking guitar than this insane beast of an axe. Playability is unmatched all frets can be reached with ease due to the double cut away. My only complaint is that it feels a little neck heavy due to its incredibly light body, but you will quickly adjust to this after a few weeks.

This guitar was made in 2004, made in America. It has 22 frets and 2 humbuckers. Good overall guitar would suit classic rock-heavier styles more than clean elegant music. It's shaped like a Demon what do you expect.