SG Standard review by Gibson

Gibson: SG Standard

With the better pick ups it sounds beautiful. And honestly, I think it is a waste to spend much more on a guitar because you won't find a guitar that sounds better than this. It has that classic Gibson sound. This is one of the best sounding guitars I have played.

I play everything from classic rock, to hard rock, to metal, to blues, and everything inbetween except country and I wouldn't dare listen to or play any sort of rap. I would definitly buy it again, but it would be hard to find one with the nicer pickups, though the Standard ones sound great anyway. I love everything about it, and the only thing I hate about it is how careful I need to be when around other people. I compareed this to the Fender Telecaster and Stratocaster, and The Gibson Lespaul, and the fenders missed by a long shot. The les paul sounded nice, but I like SGs more anyway, and the weight distribution is better making it a more comfortable play.

The hardwiring is perfect. Before I play Live I tend to check everything out, and like always there is nothing wrong. Gibson did a great job with this one. The strap buttons are more solid than a normal guitar because one of the buttons is on the back instead of the cutout giving it a mroe solid base.

I bought it used and it was flawless. The pickups needed to be raised a hair, but guitar center did the intonation and full inspection like always. The action was just right, not too low to cause buzzing while still easy to play. Everything was wired right,

I got an '06 Gibson in absolutely mint condition, used. It was made with one of their highest end pick ups making it sound better than regular SG standards, and also raised the price. I would have bought a new one, but this looked better than the gibsons on display at guitar center. It has 2 volume and 2 tone knobs with a 3 way pick up selecter switch. I got it in black, just like Angus Young, and the finish is beautiful. not a scratch on it and thats how I plan to keep it. It had the Standard Gibson tuners which are flawless. If I keep it on a stad it will hold a tune for 5-7 days, and I play atleast an hour a day.