SG Standard review by Gibson

Gibson: SG Standard

It suits my kind of music style perfectly, like, classic rock, punk rock, heavy metal, pop rock, and alternative. I'm using a DigiTech Grunge distortion with it and a Marshall amp.It`s not noisey, not on any settings, and it has a rich/full sound. It can make any sound your mind can think of, including killswitch, but that's kinda harder with a guitar like this.

I play classic rock, punk rock, alternative rock, heavy metal etc. I've been playing guitar for 4 years now. I own a DigiTech Grunge distortion, and an amplifier.There's was nothing I needed to ask before I bought it. If it were lost or stolen I would buy another one, because this guitar is the most dependable guitar there is besides all of Gibson's other guitars. The whole thing I love, don't hate nothing about it, and the whole guitar is my favorite feature. I did look at other guitars but they didn't look like 100% quality. I chose this guitar because it ways in my price range, and it was 100% made in USA. THe only thing I wished it had were some pickup covers.

This guitar will definately withstand Live playing. Many famous guitarists have them like Angus Young and Lenny Kravitz etc. The hardware will definately last forever and so will it. The strap buttons are solid and will not move or go anywere. I could definately depend on it and I wouldn`t need any backup on a gig, if there was a gig. The finish is pleanty good enough to last forever and it`s not easy to wear off.

The guitar setup at the factory was perfect, same with the action. The 2nd dual hummerbucking pickup near the bridge was just a bit high, which caused some wear, but nothing major. It has excellent properly bookmatched top as well as a perfectly routed bridge. There were no flaws until I bought it and had it for a couple of weaks, it was just a little nick.

My Gibson was made in was 2007, here in the good USA.It has 22 frets, rosewood neck top, round pearl inlays, and normal sized frets. It`s a solid guitar (SG). The body and neck of the guitar are both made of cherry wood. It has a laquer worn red cherry finish, and it's a double cutway(devil horns is what they call the cutways). It has a Tune-O-Matic bridge with a stop bar tail piece behind it. It has active electronics and it has a 3-way toggle switch with 2 volume and 2 tone controll knobs. The pickups are Gibson dual humbucking pickups with Gibson Deluxe tuners. A gig bag came free with it.