SG Supreme review by Gibson

• Reviewer's score: 5 Decent
Gibson: SG Supreme

Purchased from: freind

This guitar sounds like crap my friend bought it for $1500 from eBay and hated it he sold it to me for $500 cause he hated it the P-90s buz like crazy even when your playing I play through a solid gold tipped cable and that didn't help at all can't imagine what it would be like through a regular cable.

I bought it to resale not to play and I did make some profit but if Gibson would have spent the same amount of time designing this as the Les Paul it would be good I recommend one with humbuckers the P-90s suck and it weights to little I would put a 5 pound weight on the strap to keep it steady during a live gig.

Everything seems like good quality such as the tuners and bridge just hate the pickups like I said if it had humbuckers and weighted 3 or 4 more pounds it would be rockin. I would also change the color maybe like a 59 burst or just a solid the tobacco is ugly its colored like piss around the pickups.

The set up was good the low e buzzed a bit but nothing major if it had humbuckers it wouldn't be so bad the 24 frets are a nice change from 21 or 22. But its supper light I'm a Les Paul guy and picking this thing up was like picking up a tooth pick it was so light when I sat down and put it in my lap the headstock weighted more so it started falling out and the maple cap looks fake must just be the ugly tobacco sunburst.

Maple top with mahogany back and neck P-90 pick ups its a double cutaway with tune-o-matic bridge and grover tuners it doesn't have push pulls and no pick guard so the wood is going to be very scratched up from the pick. Also the jack input was lose and the cable would fall right out until I had it replaced.