Comanche review by G&L

G&L: Comanche

Purchased from: Western Reserve Music - Hudson, OH

I mostly play rock and blues and with this guitar I can fit the sound of almost every song I play. I play through a Radial Tonebone tube distortion pedal and run that into a Fender Blues Junior. Sound is clean and crisp when I'm not using distortion and when I'm using distortion break-up is easy to get and sounds amazing. Each one of the magnets in the pickups are adjustable so that you are able to fine tune it to the way you like it. One thing that really drew me to this guitar was one feature that the pickups had. The build of the pickups eliminates the hum that one usually gets.

I feel that this guitar is a good match for anybody Who plays rock or blues. It punches when you hit a low note and screams when you hit a high. I have been playing for about 9 years and have exclusively owned fenders. After playing this guitar I don't know if I will ever buy another Fender. The quality of my Comanche is much better than that of any American Fender I have ever played. This guitar is a wonderful piece that plays just as good as it looks!

I have played this guitar for about 8 months and I still love it and have no disappointments what so ever. Pickups are still crisp and loud with no buzzing what so ever. The hardware is still solid, all the chrome still looks Brand New. I feel that if I take care of tis guitar it will last me a lifetime.

The guitar came clean with no fingerprints or anything! Somebody had taken the time to clean every part of it before it even touched my hands. When I got it I looked it over throughly and could not find one imperfection. All the chrome was clean with no scratches or impurities or bumps. The finish was clean with no scratches. And to my amazement, after being shipped across the country, it came set up!

2007 G&L Comanche Strat style guitar. This guitar was custom made in the US in Fullerton California by G&L. This guitar has a swamp Ash flamed top body and a birds eye maple neck. The Comanche is equipped with G&L's Z-coil pickups. These pickups are by far the most versatile and best sounding when they are combined with the Comanche's pickup switching system. Te switching system allows you to use the 5 regular combinations and then it also allows you to blend all 3 pickups at once. The locking tuners are very resilient and keep it tune very well. The Comanche also came a hardshell case that is kind of cheesy but at the same time it was free. I am not giving this part a 10 because when I would have liked to see a better case for the amount of money.

batiboy06
    what's the difference between a normal single coil pickup ang those Z pickups? well aside from its shape?
    masterchief44
    If what I remember is right, the sound is better because it picks up the difference between the treble and bass strings. Somebody, please correct me if I'm wrong, though.
    Jac the frog
    the two coils of one Z pickup (one coil for E,A,D, and one other for G,B,E) are wound in opposite directions : Each Z pickup is humbucking, but each coil of one Z pickup is single coil ...
    criminalcop
    You forgot to mention that the switching feature also allows you to use just the neck and bridge pickups (my favorite option).
    Johnny Quest
    i have the G&L Comanche Tribute and it's my favorite. much more fun than having a Fender Stratocaster and even less expensive. the Z-coil pick-ups gives you a wide arrange of sounds and the look is out of this world.
    Aetrox
    These are beautiful guitars. Mine is a flamed maple model w/gold hardware. incredibley well made. Very comfortable and sounds like a bell it is so crisp. If you are a fender kind of guy, it is well worth your time to check these thins out. It was leo's last refinement on the strat design and it is wonerful. It will take a little time to grow on you because the pickups are really bright but the tone controls, which are actually useful, can bring it down to a more traditional strat sound. Later