Legacy review by G&L

G&L: Legacy

The sound is beutiful. I play the blues and it flows with me and it is so unbelievable. I use a 25 watt Fender frontman amp that is crystal clear though the overdrive on it is not so good for the guitar. I use a pandora pedal but I generally leave it on a softer or bluesy effect though metal still sounds great with it. Also just with the pickups the sound range is great. It goes from soft clear to a high whine that will do for rock without distortion.

I love my guitar. I have been playing for a few years and it is the easiest and smoothest guitar that I have ever played (and I enjoy going to any guitar shop and putting their most expensive to the test). When I bought it I actually did not know what I had and I was pleasently suprised. Actually all I knew was that it was worth way more then the 300 that I paid for it. If I lost this guitar first I would cry and then I would work on finding a new one. They are fairly rare and most guitar players I know have never heard of the brand despite its prestige.

The finish on this guitar has taken more abuse then a dune buggy. I play the crap out of this guitar and it looks brand new. As far as being able to handle live playing, I already did and the guitar performed better than me. It is absolutly dependable and it has given me no problems despite the constant abuse. I mean playing that I have put it through.

The guitar is set up like a dream. I have found no flaws in the way it was set up. It flows and plays like a dream. I used to play a low quality Ibanez and the only way to describe it is like going from a Volstwagon to a Lamborgini. Basically it practically plays itself. It has a tabaco/sunburst finish and is overall light in color which gives it a smooth feel that I love.

Actually these things I am not so sure about. I bought this from a friend and I did not get much info on it. All tuning nobs and actually any metal is stamped with the G&L logo and the case is custom with the logo on it as well. The case is a dream and it never messes with the tuning on it. The guitar rarly goes out of tune. It comes with a whammy bar and all of the wrenches to completely disasemble the guitar.

sk8terdude9390
    this guitar is awesome. i have the Legacy HB with two G&L vintage SC pickups and one Duncan invader humbucker. this guitar is EXCELLENTLY built. I did some stuff to my guitar though. i have a nickel truss rod through the neck so it never warps and, yeah, i put the invader humbucker in there. it is incredibly versatile. its just like a stratocaster, but the g&l is more solidly built. i play my guitar through a 120 watt crate glx amp and it sounds incredible.
    tinearjones
    I'm guessing this is a Tribute model or the deal of a lifetime on a USA-made G&L.
    kev51pike
    When I was guitar shopping, I went through so many different guitars first, but the moment I started playing the Legacy, I knew right away it was the one for me. I can echo the statement about this guitar practically playing itself, I bought it on the spot and am not yet dissapointed.
    waker7202
    kev51pike wrote: When I was guitar shopping, I went through so many different guitars first, but the moment I started playing the Legacy, I knew right away it was the one for me...
    My experience was the same. I played dozens of "top of the line" guitars while on my quest for a new piece of equipment last summer. I decided to check out this tiny local shop in the next town, and at first I was fairly disappointed that they only sold G&L and Ibanez electrics (very fine Taylor & Martin acoustics is their specialty)... Of course I knew Ibanez, but I'd barely even heard of G&L before then. Walked in the store, got the sales pitch about G&L's from the store owner, and kinda blew him off at first. I picked up a $2,500 Gibson Les Paul and a few acoustics, then went on my way. Now, don't get me wrong. I was in the market to drop some big bucks on a guitar, but even this gem of a Les Paul didn't give me anything I wasn't expecting to hear. I went home and finally decided to do my research on G&L's. I was impressed to say the least, and immediately got back in my car and went to shop again. I played a few different "lower" end G&L's (and by lower-end, I mean G&L doesn't make any crap--to speak of), and I saw promise in this brand. I decided to pick up this tobacco sunburst (headstock too) Legacy that was just screaming my name, and I was stunned at the flat-out INCREDIBLE tone this bad-boy sang out. I own 5 "well-known" guitars (Fenders, Ibanez, Gibson...), and it has been nearly 2 years since I've picked up any of my other guitars for any significant amount of time. I'm shocked at the relatively small population of proven guitarists who are familiar with G&L--not to mention owners. What a hidden treasure! I may never play another brand! (though I'm in the market for an ASAT Classic or perhaps a hollow-body (w/ a fixed tremolo...regardless, it'll be a G&L!)
    X Metal_Shred X
    300 wow you got a helluva deal. I paid 999 (plus tax) for mine which was a USA handmade G&L Legacy which came with a case and signed certificate from ms. Fender. This guitar is truly one of the nicest strats out there. Its clean tone is one of the best and it also has a nice crunchy distorted sound for rock or hard rock.