Legacy review by G&L

G&L: Legacy

I'd like to start off by stating that I have played hundreds of guitars, from the highest quality to the beginning starter electric, and if only there were enough words to describe how well this guitar sounds. I have played anything from blues to jazz to metal to rock to punk to soft rock (I like to be a complete player) and I haven't played a better sounding guitar, save my friends Gibson Les Paul, and that was simply for rock and metal. If you're looking for anything with a fairly clean sound this is the best guitar you'll find. I play through a Behringer 60W amp and mind you that's not the greatest amp out there but it sounds phenomonal. If you have something like a Marshall. I can't start to tell you how pleased you'll be. It's a slight disappointment in that the pickups do buzz a little, especially the single coils, but a good hand mute of the strings and they're silent. Rich sound, just incredible.

No matter what I play, this guitar makes it sound great. Everything works on this, shredding, tapping, harmonics, if you can do it on a guitar this guitar will do it. I've been playing for a little over two years but I have a lot of expirience and have played tons of other guitars. This is the only guitar I'd ever stand by this firm, and yes, I have played a Gibson Les Paul. G&L is better than Fender, hands down. Simply put, buy this guitar.

I've played this guitar Live multiple times and it hasn't failed me yet, nor do I expect it will. I had a slight problem about a year ago after I'd dropped it in which there was a loud buzz. It became evident that the sodering had come loose on the master volume Switch, so it was an easy fix and it sounds great again. I try to protect this guitar with my life, but obviously accidents happen, and I have yet to have any visual defects with the guitar. That was the only technical problem I've ever had, so simply put, this guitar is a tank. I'd be willing to bet that when I die of old age (I'm 17 now) this guitar will be in the same great condition it is now.

When I got this guitar the very first thing my friends commented on was the incredible action. Right from the factory the action was about as close to perfect as is possible, and with a little tweaking it plays like a gem. Everything was lined up right, no problems at all, no matter how picky you are. It's a beautiful guitar and it'll feel like heaven in your hands.

When I first saw this, I honestly thought it was a Fender Stratocaster, but after two years of playing I can safely say that it's a better guitar than a Fender Stratocaster. It has twenty two frets, which is a nice improvement over the Mexican Stratocasters 21. The neck is just flat out fast, it feels great in your hands. The finish is beautiful with the laminated top over it, it's a transparent red dyed into the wood. Just incredible. A slight annoyance is that the whammy bar doesn't screw in, but I've stopped using the whammy bar for the most part and I haven't missed it. Like a Standard Strat it's got a master volume, two tone controls, five way Switch, but mine also features a second Switch for the humbucker (mine is an H/S/S model). This neat little Switch changes the humbucker to a single coil, with a noticeable difference in sound. Mine came with a soft case and cable, but don't expect a great long lasting cable.

SgtBlarg
    $300, wow im getting mine $430 new, but this is my first guitar at that store...so i dunno