Tribute Legacy review by G&L

G&L: Tribute Legacy

Purchased from: Charley's Guitar Shop

It is great for blues and classic rock, which is what I play. I suggest using it with a nice Fender tube amp; personally, I have a Fender Hot Rod Deville 212. I don't use any effects with it and it plays best with a rich, full sound, with the tone knobs all the way up and the pickup switch in the 1st position. It can go very loud, although it doesn't have much variety and since it is single coil it tends to buzz a lot if you add gain.

It is a good match for my style, which is blues and classic rock. I have been playing nearly 2 years and I also own a Fender Hot Rod Deville 212 tube amp. If I needed a new guitar, I would buy a different one, preferrably a Gibson (one can dream). I love the feel of it; it is very comfortable to play. This is my first guitar and I love it and if anyone wants to start playing and doesn't have much money to spend I would suggest this guitar.

I have used this guitar many times while playing live and it sounded great. It will withstand the test of time since it was extremely well-made. However, it is only a good beginner's guitar. I would suggest buying a nicer, better-sounding, unfortunately more expensive guitar after a few years. The finish is good and will not wear off and it is very dependable; everything is tight on this guitar.

I bought this guitar brand new and there weren't any problems with it at all. This guitar is great for it's low price and it was extremely well-made. Everything was adjusted properly and set up for me. The action was good and the pickups were adjusted rather well. The bridge was properly routed and top properly bookmatched. There weren't any flaws. However, maybe a year after I bought it, the intonation was out. I just took it back to the store and it was fixed in a day.

Made in the US, this guitar is a great beginner's guitar. With 22 frets marked with pearl dots beginning at the 3rd fret, it has medium-sized frets and looks just like a Stratocaster. It has three Standard Stratocaster pickups and a string-thru body style bridge, complete with a 5-way pickup switch a volume dial and 2 tone dials. It has chrome, non-locking tuners and a floating tremolo, so be careful when you detune. Includes soft case, whammy bar, srap, cable, and tuner.

ScruffMcGruff
    great guitar for the money! I got it about a week ago; The 2 double pickup settings sound amazing and even the 3 main pickup settings sound good regardless of interferance of electronics nearby.
    Quoteman
    Page, who are you to comment on anything if you've only been playing for two years?