Tribute Legacy review by G&L

G&L: Tribute Legacy

Price paid: C$ 649

Purchased from: Buds Music Centre

I play lots of rock. Not really one specific genre, but whatever sounds good to me. Its perfect for everything I play, but I lean towards softer stuff rather than heavy rock. It takes care of all the songs I want to play pretty well. I use a 65 watt Fender Princeton amp. The guitar sounds amazing clean or distorted, but I personally like the clean sound better. It puts my old Silvertone to shame (obviously lol). I think this is equivelant to some american strats I've played, except this guitar is cheaper. You can get some great country twang out of it, and bluesy stuff sounds great on it as well.

Its great for all the stuff i play, and I've been playing for a bout 4 years now. I used to own a silvertone, I'm not sure what model but it was a piece of junk. I sold it right after I bought this G&L. Like I said above, it wouldve been nice to get a hardshell case with it, but as for the guitar, its all I would ever need. If it were stolen I would probably get another one, or I might get a G&L ASAT special, also with a bueburst finish, cause it looks amazing.

This guitar hardly ever needs tuning. I take very good care of my guitar, I've knocked the headstock a few times, but thats the worst I've done to it. I would be comfortable using this guitar witout a backup, its very durable and its all I need for the music I play. The finish hasn't changed, I leave it out in the sun sometimes and it still looks as nice as the day I bought it.

The action seems fine, the pickup height seems fine, everything plays great, no adjusting was needed. The only problem was that the output jack was a little bit loose, but I tightened it and I haven't had any more problems with it. It fits nicely in my lap, and the body is very comfortable. Something that bugged me was that the volume knob on this guitar is a little close to my hand when I'm playing it, so when I was first using this guitar I hit it sometimes with my knuickles. It took a little bit of time to get used to, and now I'm not bothered by it. All strats have the volume knobs in the same spot though, so its not this model's fault.

Made in Indonesia, it has a rosewood fretboard with 22 frets. The body is swamp ash and the neck is maple. Strat body with a transparent blueburst finish and a pearloyd white pickguard. Its got a vibrato bridge, a 5-way selector, and 3 fullerton-made Vintage style alcino V single coil pickups. There are 2 knobs for the tone and 1 volume knob. Non-locking tuners, I'm not sure what brand they are. Came with a gig bag, an Ernie Ball guitar strap, and a hell of a lot of picks. Wouldve been nice if it included a hardshell case, but the free gigbag still does the job.

serialjoe1
    "The Young Page", you wrote that it was made in the US , but arent all of the tribute G&L's made in indonesia?