Tribute S-500 review by G&L

G&L: Tribute S-500

Purchased from: Ebay

I play classic rock and blues and it's perfect for nailing the Hendrix/Clapton and SRV tones. I play with a Vox AD30VT and it simply sounds amazing. I had a Squier before and this guitar literally feels 100x better. It is the greatest guitar I have played, bar the USA G&L's. In my opinion, it blows the Mex Strat out of the water and is about equal to the American Strats. Single coil pickups are very versatile.

This guitar fits of fine perfectly, and is sweet for nailing all those styles of music strats and single-coil guitars have been known for. I've been playing 2 years, and I play this through a Hendrix pedal and the Vox AD30, when I play little wing it sounds almost exactly like the SRV version. I would definitely buy it again if it was stolen/lost. I love the finish, very beautiful, nothing I hate about it at all, I really like the extra mini-toggle Switch to to get extra combinations, and like I said, blows the competition away at the price range I got it for. I got the one with a giant tribute logo on the headstock but the newer ones have the G & L on them, so I wish mine had that. Other than that, it's perfect.

I will gig with this no problem, and yes I would use it without a backup. The finish seems pretty fine and looks like it will last at least 10 years.

Pickups were swapped to Alnico V's from the magnetic coils to get that 'Vintage' feel. It plays like gold Lace sensors now. There are no flaws on this whatsoever besides the swapped pickups.

Manufactured in Korea I believe, USA electronics. 22 frets, maple neck, solid top, swamp ash body in tobaccoburst. This guitar is a strat-style guitar that has been upgraded with magnetic field coil pickups, a mini-toggle Switch, pearloid pickguard and dual-fulcrum G&L bridge. In short: better than your average Strat.

PatrickJR
    I paid 500 for mine. To me it was a great deal. This guitar if you ask me is crazy. It does whatever I want it to do. The sound is amazing. I have the Cheryburst, with rosewood fretbord. Very Nice. TO be honest, I would rather this over many of the Strat's. Not just becasue I have one, but because the guitar is just plane amazing!