Detour review by Godin

Godin: Detour

Purchased from: Friendly River Music

Its sound, as stated is great. It has a amazing variety with lots of settings. It suites all my styles (rock and classic rock) and is good for country too. Overall another well earned 5.

My rock and slow rock easily matches this guitar. I have just started playing a while ago and this is by far, one of the best begginer's guitars. It can match anyone tho, making it very versital. If it was stolen, I have a option to get the same one or another for free in the same price range. I would get the same one. I love that it is versitle and recamend it to someone who wants a guitar that is versitle and under 500$. Overall, this guitar gets a 4.5 or 5.

It can stand through anything and is solid too. It is increadebly dependable and can last a life time the man who sold it too me said that people find this one of the most reliabile guitars under and over 500$. A Solid 5, well earned.

First off, it was well setup and adjusted. The pickup is on the bottom side like I prefer. It has no flaws what so ever. It also has a great finish and in action is great. It tests in action as well as some Gibons. Although not loaded with style, it's simple and prety yet not overly Godin. A 3.5 or 4 suites it. It's above average, for sure.

Well, me and my friend where out looking for a good guitar for me to start out with and we looked thru all the guitars: Gibson, Ibanez, Fender, etc. Finaly I found this; the 2005 Godin Detour. It has a slick look with a good sound and came with a tuner and gig bag. All the parts and style to it is Godin and its color was "black pearl." Overall, this gets a 5 in my book. The cool thing is. This guitar will cost you 500$ max, and plays great. I have seen some Gibson's that don't sound this great. And it keeps tune well, also.