Detour review by Godin

Godin: Detour

I play a lot of soft rock, but sometimes hard rock. No heavy metal, although when I have tried it it can easily cope. I play a lot of Blind Melon, Marillion, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Neil Young etc. This guitar can easily change from hard rock to soft rock, perfect for a song like Stairway To Heaven where it gvoes from clean to distorted. On the clean channel, the bass strings have a distorted tone whereas the high notes are rich and full. It is the perfect guitar. I use it with a Roland Cube 15 or a Marshall 30 watt. Works great with both.

I play rock n' roll, a bit of folk and blues, and it is perfect. I've been playing 8 months, and play 4-5 hours a day. l I'm addicted, with this guitar it makes learning much easier. I wouldnt be able to solo like I can without it. I love everything about it, If it were lost or stolen I'd buy anohter in an intant, then track the guy down, take mine back then I'd have two.

I have not yet played a guitar with as good action as this one. I'll go to a friends house and play a Fender Telecaster, and not be able to do the solos I do, Comfortably Numb, Stairway To Heaven, etc. It came perfect. No flaws at all except for some discoloration on the fretboard, which I dont mind at all as long as I can play it.

Mikeoman
    I have one of these things. Its got a black pearl finish, and it really sounds good for rock songs. I've bumped it quite a few times, still surprised its holding up as good as it is. I play this on a tiny Fender Frontman amp, and it still sounds pretty good. Actions probably as good as my dads Telecaster, and that thing has good action.
    qcMan
    This thing rocks for sure, made in Qubec. Solid rock. Best guitars i can think of.
    p.o.d child666
    if your looking to play really fast metal, this guitar is hard to play. most rock is fine and it works great with slow music
    Nargenfargen
    I find this guitar is easy to play anything on. It's very good if you want to play Radiohead-like stuff. I have a black pearl finish on mine.
    IHeartme
    I got mine for less than $400 new in cherry red and it sounds better than just about any thing else for that price and better than alot for more than that
    AMan95
    ah i love this guitar i got mine for like $400 and it's awesome it's an amazing guitar and it's completely affordable Godin is such a great company