Exit 22 review by Godin

Godin: Exit 22

Purchased from: Long & McQuade

This is by far the best sounding guitar I have ever played. I don't care what you say, it is. It is amazingly versatile allowing me to play all my styles on one guitar, them being rock, metal, punk, some grunge and anything in between, and even some bluesy stuff. I use it with a Line 6 Spider III 30 watt amp, which is very loud, but it sounds so amazing with "Insane" mode on. It is only noisy in my room because of al the electronics in there (Playstation, computer, TV, etc.) But that is probably because of the two GS1 single coils in there. If I put the selector on the first and second setting, no noise, because of the humbucker. 3, 4, and 5 are noisy but when you play it stops.

This is the perfect guitar to match my playing, rock, metal, punk, some grunge and most of the sub genres of each. I have been playing for 2 years (December 25th) and I own a Fender Gemini II, Ibanez Gio GSZ120, Epiphone Les Paul Special II, and some ION starter guitar thing. I only wish I had asked the price beforehand. Because I rented this guitar to buy it so I pay like $48.50 a month on it to get to 581.50. If this were stolen heck yeah I would buy a new one No Doubt about it. I would hunt down the guy who took it and put salt in his eyes then pull his hair out. I love everything about this guitar. No hates. Compared to anything eles I have ever played, this is by far the best. I wish it had a Floyd Rose floating whammy bar and a bridge humbucker though, so that the noise would be reduced. Oh well, as long as play in the other room away from all then electronics I am fine. I recommend you go and buy this guitar right now!

The Exit 22 will definitely withstand Live playing for sure. I would use this without a backup guitar for sure man. The hardware, I know will last, Godin guitars are amazing quality, and it was hand crafted too. The buttons see, to be nice and solid, yes. And the natural mahogany finish on it seems like it will definitely last. And since the finish is kind of soft like a matte finish, fingerprints are hardly to not visible.

When I saw this guitar in the store I was like "holy shit!" and I asked to try it and then I just cranked it and it sounded amazing. The action was very very good and low, I don't think many people played it before me. The pickups sounds great in it and they were adjusted fine. No flaws at all.

Hand crafted in the USA in 2007 from Canadian parts, the 22 fret maple neck and fingerboard Godin Exit 22 is a beautiful guitar. It looks amazing, especially with that Natural Mahogany finish. To me it almost looks like a Les Paul but a different version of it. The string-thru body makes string changes pretty easy, especially because there is nothing to unscrew on the underside of the body. I do prefer stopbar tail pieces though, they are much easier in my opinion. There is one volume and one tone control with a 5-way pickup selector, meanin it is very versatile. There is one GS1 neck pickup, one GS1 pickup in the middle, and a GHB1 humbucker for the bridge pickup. The Standard Godin non locking tuners stay in tune very nicely so you don't constantly have to re-tune the guitar. it came with a Godin gig bag and there was some Allan Keys in it (truss rod keys).

floydzeppelin
    wow thats grammars hella bad. i have this guitar and a spider II and its sounds awesome.. really great grit with distortion just soudns awesome.
    Draltos
    I've been playing for 3 years and will be playing for at least another 3 before I find another guitar of this quality.